PDA

View Full Version : squeaky high pitch noise from robert scoot condensing unit

properdouble
05-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Hi i was servicing walk in chiller and heard high pitched noise squeaky coming from condesning unit so i booked condenser fan motor for replacement one of big 300 or 350 mm fan motor running trough danfoss fan speed pressure control. I have recieved part went to swap it and after replacing fan the noise was still there,i got a bit upset as i had to put old fan back on and return new one to office. Now i wonder what is making that noise it almost sound like little oil separator that where it is coming from or fan speed pressure control but it is very wierd as no one i asked ever heard noise coming from fan speed control or oil separator.When system start pumping down after solenoid shut noise start to going away but when i shut rotor lock on reciever and do manuall pump down altough fan is running there is no noise.
Have you ever heard niose coming from oil separator or fan speed control if anyone had similar issues how can it be sorted???

install monkey
05-05-2012, 07:23 PM
does the noise go away when u decrease the set temp/pressure on the head pressure controller- try increasing the minimum speed if its noise from the controller

properdouble
05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
Hi i didnt try to adjust or play with fan pressure speed as i wasn,t sure whether noise is coming from there and had to go for breakdown to freezer so didnt have time to play with it.I will go there eventually fit couple more remedials but it sound more like the niose is coming from oil separator wich is falcon discharge inlet and outlet on top and on bottom 1/4 pipe with rotor lock single outlet with flexi hose attached to shreder on compressor for oil return. I will try play with fan speed control next time and will update on that. Cheers for reply.

install monkey
05-05-2012, 08:11 PM
compressor isnt bouncing on its mounts?- another though-keep us posted ta

cold.man
05-05-2012, 08:32 PM
i wouldnt expect the noise to be coming from the cond fan speed controller. Can you replace the filter on the oil sep ive heard rattling from oil seps in the past but not the noise you are explaining somebody else on here may have but i havent.
you say the fan is ok, install monkey made a vailid point to check !! is there any pipes rubbing, are all other components secured correctly. Is the condensing unit on brackets?

properdouble
06-05-2012, 09:30 AM
Hi condensing unit sit on the floor there is nothing rubbing, noie is clearly coming from around condenser area. Iam going there soon with someone else to give me a hand and once i will find out i will let you now. I heard once in a blast chiller noise wich refrigerant was making inside evaporator but something like this 9 out of 10 people would said its the fan on the condenser . what a nightmare, wanted to help replace it now i look like a cowboy. Anyhow thanks for help.

jdunc2301
06-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Don't let it get you down mate! Everyone will agree that noises and vibration etc are a pain to find, unfortunately you can only go down the best educated route of fault finding...in this case the fan was the obvious and best place to start.....wouldn't say your a cowboy...just got a bitch of a problem...

Jay

cadwaladr
06-05-2012, 01:43 PM
get a long screwdriver and touch with the tip where you suspect the noise to be coming from and the other end to your ear its an old mechanics trick.

install monkey
06-05-2012, 02:05 PM
May be an idea to use an insulated screw driver!!! -gotta stay safe

properdouble
06-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Cheers lads for keeping me on my feet , what i find with this job is every time i think iam getting good and i know something there is that call coming or that problem wich tell me - come down boy its still long way to go...
An eye opener every now and then is good i hope i will sort this out finally hehe thanks for reply's and i will keep you updated... Regards.