PDA

View Full Version : freezer running in to vacuum

properdouble
04-05-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi i have been to call out today had a stone cold drier on upright foster freezer single door, capillary tube first 2 bends iced up, pressure on suction after installing line tap valve in to vacuum 4 inches, temp on evap -10 , air temp in cabinet -6 , looks like drier restricted or capillary , but iam not sure whether it,s not short of gas a bit tricky . what you guys think please help as i stragle big time recently...

chemi-cool
04-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Blocked drier, common problem with 134 and 404, replace it.

properdouble
06-05-2012, 08:26 PM
Cheers mate to pointing me in right direction it would be hard to change cappilary tube (will need to remove evaporator) so i will change drier and give it a good vac on tuesday and hopefully think will run again as it schould.Thanks for help.

install monkey
06-05-2012, 08:45 PM
dont just cut the capillary line
use snips to score an outer line- similarly to stripping cable then use long nose pliers to to wiggle it then the capillary line will crack where youve scored-then braze this to ur drier first so to ensure u dont block the end. also as another tip= unsweat the 1/4 line on the pot and stick a charging stubb on it

jdunc2301
07-05-2012, 12:57 AM
Can score the end with a hacksaw if the snips are crap... And if in doubt cut the drier open and look... I have purged OFN through to check a cap line before!

Jay