PDA

View Full Version : Morrisons

Mr Nosey
04-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Whats happening with the Morrisons contract....rumours rumours everywhere !:confused:

richelli
04-05-2012, 09:31 PM
another big supermarket playing with jobs as usual!

asitis
04-05-2012, 11:53 PM
Strong case for WR.

cold.man
05-05-2012, 11:11 AM
What are the rumours !!!

richelli
05-05-2012, 12:10 PM
If you work on there stuff you should already know !

cold.man
05-05-2012, 08:13 PM
In the supermarket industry don't work on there stuff not heard anything regarding morrisons obviously if i had i would'nt ask the question would i richelli.

esulx
17-05-2012, 02:43 PM
Existing maintenance contracts are being terminated 6-months early and new 3 and half year contracts were bid for.

The confirmation of successful bidders was supposed to be 1st May but as yet, the decision still hasn't been made public. Lots of rumours, no facts!

cold.man
17-05-2012, 09:46 PM
There is far to many facilities companies nowadays fighting for contracts and out bidding each other and the supermarkets know this thats why they play these games.
From my personal opinion and from what i have summed up, the supermarkets pay crap money to the contractors, they get crap engineers to an extent should we say 50-50 to be fair.
Contracts are being fufilled 50-50 because the engineers get crap money the good engineers get flogged cleaning up after the crap engineers and soon get sick of it so some of them drop there game.
Ideal world, Supermarkets pay decent wedge to the contractor, the contractor gets good engineers, contractors hit there targets. We all know it does not work like that !!! As soon as costs are cut corners get cut unfortunatly thats the way it goes. Pay crap money you get a crap service from the contractors they pay crap money employ some monkeys and depress the good engineers thats the way the supermarkets are going except one as far as i am aware.
This is very possibly because the supermarket and the contractor are on the same song sheet.

richelli
17-05-2012, 10:48 PM
I work on morrisons equipment and I have been told what we have won and lost.
I'm not going to say on here, as its unfair if guys haven't been told by their company, especially if they are loosing stores. I presumed everyone knew if they worked on there kit but maybe that isn't the case! I wasn't trying to be funny.

750 Valve
18-05-2012, 07:49 AM
There is far to many facilities companies nowadays fighting for contracts and out bidding each other and the supermarkets know this thats why they play these games.
From my personal opinion and from what i have summed up, the supermarkets pay crap money to the contractors, they get crap engineers to an extent should we say 50-50 to be fair.
Contracts are being fufilled 50-50 because the engineers get crap money the good engineers get flogged cleaning up after the crap engineers and soon get sick of it so some of them drop there game.
Ideal world, Supermarkets pay decent wedge to the contractor, the contractor gets good engineers, contractors hit there targets. We all know it does not work like that !!! As soon as costs are cut corners get cut unfortunatly thats the way it goes. Pay crap money you get a crap service from the contractors they pay crap money employ some monkeys and depress the good engineers thats the way the supermarkets are going except one as far as i am aware.
This is very possibly because the supermarket and the contractor are on the same song sheet.

Who's the exception?

NB12
18-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I would expect he is talking about City & Asda. Im lead to believe Asda/Walmart own 40% of City.

750 Valve
18-05-2012, 11:38 AM
From City's website...

City Refrigeration is 98% owned by its founders Susan and Willie Haughey OBE

http://www.city-holdings.co.uk/

NB12
18-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Well I may be mistaken on that issue, but thats not to say that they may have an intrest in either city holdings, city technical services, city buildings, cbes, city fm or city refrigeration. Do they not also own a wholesalers?, NRW?.Getting off topic anyway. I hear WR have got all of Scotland and the north east morrisons.

Moneyhell
19-05-2012, 02:09 PM
Hello,

I was in a meeting this week at which a senior manager came over from the Manchester office. He told us that no decision had been made but that our S****horpe based refrigeration business is still very much in the running on the Morrisons contract in our areas and that Morrisons had told him this.

He also dismissed the WR and Barker rumours so, I am not sure that is right.

Phil

PS - I wonder why the forum won't let me post our office location at Scun-thorpe? :D

Spencer.Guy
19-05-2012, 05:09 PM
PS - I wonder why the forum won't let me post our office location at Scun-thorpe? :D

Bit of Cnut when it does that??

Moneyhell
20-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Just a bit :D

harry snotter
21-05-2012, 07:03 PM
I get the feeling everybody north of ****thorpe has been Hung out to dry,seems like everybody knows what's going on apart from the people that it effects , the usual honeyhell half baked management response , I'm sure they'll make sure their nest is well feathered first :mad:

Moneyhell
25-05-2012, 10:18 AM
Someone at our place has said that today is decision day!

Moneyhell
26-05-2012, 05:55 PM
Can anyone help with this?

The official announcement was yesterday and I am told that it is like this from someone who thinks they know as the winning companies can talk about it now and have told their engineers:

Northern region WR
Central region Barkers
Southern region Coldservice (glad they kept in the game)

Which means that our place has lost everything, which means no service business apart from a bit of M&S but, no-one is saying anything to us! (I just don't get it!) :rolleyes:

Can someone confirm this please if you know?

Surely they would not let us go into the weekend without saying anything! :rolleyes:

Thanks

harry snotter
28-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Yep its official

Moneyhell
29-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks harry snotter - it seems it is.

When management said we were still in the running, they said that we were lowest on price.

If we did not lose it on price, what they got so wrong we can only wonder... :mad:

CDK_Chris
31-05-2012, 02:06 PM
we just had that email this morning, so we can prepare our systems for the switch over.. august i think.. we have not had the official go ahead for anything, but the areas mentioned above are what has been said

coolhibby1875
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Having read through this post about FM company's taking money ect, ect, this is not the case for Morrisons as at present they do not have a FM company, however this will change soon, also it's good to see that Morrisons have not based the contract on price, as i know that in the northern region, both KB Refrigeration and Honeywell blew WR out the water on price! thier decision was made on the fact that KB has just taken on Sainsburys, and having Tesco already, it was just to much of a gamble for Morrisons, and as for Honeywell they did not have the capability to take on the entire nothern region, so the region was given to WR and at the price they had submitted:D

geester
05-06-2012, 08:50 PM
wr went in and undercut everyone as they always do

richelli
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
. Deleted because it sounds to much like an arguement

Moneyhell
06-06-2012, 07:19 AM

I am not sure about that but only because our bosses told us they were cheapest and that we were still in the running (before we all found out we were not) and they got that from Morrisons directly.

:confused:

coolhibby1875
07-06-2012, 03:42 PM

not this time geester

Mr Nosey
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
I am not sure about that but only because our bosses told us they were cheapest and that we were still in the running (before we all found out we were not) and they got that from Morrisons directly.

:confused: I can,t believe you even thought you had a chance Lol....

Moneyhell
10-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I can,t believe you even thought you had a chance Lol....

Yeah - I hear you but there are some good people here, still from the Lincold days. The big bosses fly in every now and again and tell us now they are fixing the future and I guess it is clear now that ever time they are wrong and the work just gets less and less.

I guess it will shut down one day, after dying a death of a thousand cuts :rolleyes:

Markcroft
14-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Hi I'm new to this site but hoping can get clarity. I work for Honeywell but not been there long and unsure how this works. Told being taken over by barkers. Do we keep our current stores or will we be moved areas etc? Worried as just settled in and unsure where I stand.

jjthefridge
18-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Hi,
CSL got it for 3.5 years and where does that get the engineers????????????????

Answers on a post card please

CDK_Chris
20-06-2012, 09:39 AM
just got an email at work...

Roughly speaking –

Cold Service – South
Barkers – Middle
WR – North

This forthcoming contract renewal will commence at 06.00 on the 18 July 2012.

there was a full list attached as we allocate the stores on the online system, looks like everyone else has lost the stores, i know for Honeywell the energy works team are still running around but they are a separate entity apparently