PDA

View Full Version : Daikin Condensing units Blygold protection

r.bartlett
29-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Chaps

Daikin condensers have that blue tint is this a blygold type aor similar as we are quoting out a job and it's rather expensive for what it is...

monkey spanners
29-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Thought it is anodiseing, like the gold finish on LG conds, but i've been wrong before and no doubt will be again :p

install monkey
29-04-2012, 12:44 PM
yep- as they state in their brochure
A special acryl precoated fin for anti-corrosion treatment on the heat exchanger ensures greater resistance against severe weather conditions

r.bartlett
29-04-2012, 01:02 PM
yep- as they state in their brochure
A special acryl precoated fin for anti-corrosion treatment on the heat exchanger ensures greater resistance against severe weather conditions

Ah that's been added to my notes. The other floor has Daikin and none of that has been treated.. Ta de da :D

install monkey
29-04-2012, 01:09 PM
http://www.blygold.com/uk/doityourself.html
blygold do it yourself kits-a cheaper option- imagine kev the tool covered in overspray- an aussie covered in aussie gold! haha-prevent him from ageing haha

r.bartlett
29-04-2012, 05:34 PM
http://www.blygold.com/uk/doityourself.html
blygold do it yourself kits-a cheaper option- imagine kev the tool covered in overspray- an aussie covered in aussie gold! haha-prevent him from ageing haha

Yes I saw that so I have put a sum in to cover the job but as a pc sum with options

Brian_UK
29-04-2012, 11:20 PM
If you suspect corrosion problems I would also include a sum for re-lacquering the PCB's.

I've lost some Daikins in the past on coastal locations.

Kev The Tool
30-04-2012, 11:26 AM
Install Monkey, i like my aussie gold in a stubbie holder, pondering my next next move on a piece of sh*t unit that needs to be buried but the owner wont let go, i have learnt from my short time here that aussie are a bit reluctant to throw stuff away lol. maybe tommorow i will start work!!
Kev

stufus
30-04-2012, 09:54 PM
I've lost some Daikins in the past on coastal locations.
May I suggest life jackets
Cheers
Stu