PDA

View Full Version : Hoover frost free fridge freezer - FRIDGE keeps icing right up HELP....

Elsie22
28-04-2012, 10:34 AM
Can anyone help me. I have an upright hoover A class frost free fridge freezer - fridge on top, and the fridge keeps icing up - really badly if i let it, what can i do that doesn't involve calling someone out? The freezer seems fine.....

sedgy
28-04-2012, 12:33 PM
hi elsie ,
< fridge keeps icing up ?< well it could be that the stat has gone < brocken < or there is an air gap on the fridge door you could try sliding a piece of paper between the door and the fridge body < to see if there is a gap < I once was asked to go to a friends house cos of the same problem as yours , and I found a metal bottle top magnetised to the seal < the seal is a plastic magnet < hope you find the problem , = sedgy

jdunc2301
28-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Door not shutting properly
Fan not running
Blocked drain/failed defrost heater

unless you know what your looking at its gonna be a pain to fix

J

sedgy
28-04-2012, 09:24 PM
yes jdunc2301, your right , with all good intentions , its impossible to guess the answer , all I can say is pay once, to get it fixed , and if no go get a new one , dont throw good money after bad, = sedgy .

tonto33
29-04-2012, 02:53 PM
check that the fan is running in the freezer compartment and not blocked up with ice