PDA

View Full Version : Mini duct system for Uk market

aeb200
27-11-2005, 11:11 AM
I am considering installing a Unico Miniduct system in my house, does any one have any bad experience or comments about this high pressure system especially in the Uk (I know it works well in US- but sometimes ducted systems are bad news in the UK)

I noticed the boys from fridgetech are on the approved installer list -what do they think???????

for info go to the unico website

http://www.unicosystem.com/Contractors/TechnologicallySuperiorSystem3.htm (http://www.unicosystem.com/Contractors/TechnologicallySuperiorSystem3.htm)

Peter_1
27-11-2005, 09:02 PM
Fans needs a lot more power to circulate the air, ducts will make more noise, outlet nozlles will make a hissing sound,....
Except for the lower price and less space taken, I don't see any benefit.
I think asking a representative is not the right way to ask if his system is working fine.

rbartlett
28-11-2005, 07:03 AM
we are registered agents and have quoted a few -however the cost prohibitions always seem to get in the way and it's really only a new build /total strip out because of the need to run all those ducts.

sean went to the launch and noted that there was very little noise as the duct is so well insulated it absorbs noise as it travels.

the biggest problem is that there is a need for at least 5 outlets per ton to stop freezing ups. however i have read for the best results this should be at least 7 per ton.

i will ask sean if he's got any coming up..

cheers

richard

aeb200
28-11-2005, 07:22 PM
Cheers Richard
the build will be a total strip out and as an engineer I have secured a good discount -so cost and getting the ducts in are not a problem

I am mainly interested if the system actually works-
I don't want to have to rip it out next year cos system is crap.

cheers aeb200

rbartlett
28-11-2005, 07:35 PM
Cheers Richard
the build will be a total strip out and as an engineer I have secured a good discount -so cost and getting the ducts in are not a problem

I am mainly interested if the system actually works-
I don't want to have to rip it out next year cos system is crap.

cheers aeb200

go to climate center and ask if they have any on demo as they;re agents

cheers

richard