PDA

View Full Version : Career Advice

jdunc2301
26-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Hi guys!

I'm looking for some advice, I'm currently in full time employment, I'm 24 and have been with the firm for 7 years this year. I'm currently on a salary pay £23000 p/year, 40hrs a week. A van with personal use. No overtime on offer. Commercial AC and ref, no ammonia etc/supermarkets.

Due to various reasons, one being the poor wage which is below my average around this area (midlands) and the lack of an enthusiastic boss... Etc

I've got an interview with a medium sized company. Doing mainly AC, and I know already they pay by the hour! Now I have no idea what hourly rate I should be looking at, including use of a vehicle, perks etc. Can anyone shed some light on a good package for a service/maintenance engineer.
Cheers all

dt8project
26-04-2012, 10:21 PM
I think the going rate is in between £27,000-£32,000 depending on experience. Iworke of the big FM companies for nearly 10 years now, get £26,500 basic, get overtime when I want, plus get a brand new van every 3 years, with unlimited private use. I never work away, get paid sick, private health care, good pension, the job is p*ss easy (most of the time!)..... but the main thing is that I'm happy:D.... I think that counts for a lot. Good luck with your interview mate.

Magoo
27-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Hi jdunc.
try being pro-active and develop the business, if possible buy out the boss and develop the company further. At your age the world is your oyster. Nothing could be better, a stable client base and room for development and a boss that is in his comfort zone. The company is ripe for development.