PDA

View Full Version : and they wonder why they are not busy?

charlie patt
24-04-2012, 08:30 PM
well one of those days got quoted 115 plus vat plus delivery from pentland for a iarp abv chiller door seal on 13 cuft try inter tomoz, got another 2010 daikin vr with another leaking condensor there is another 55 pound labour allowance from daikin that will pay for my next holiday and daikin quoted me 309 for a set of boards on a 35? how can they expect to keep charging like this obviously plus p and p and any bloody thing else they can invent and the rep woders why i have stopped fitting them/ i never used to have daikin issues but aint been happy with um for some time they have been cutting corners.... i removed a 2005 71 this week and installed a new mitsi and left the 2005 lg beside it now thats a first lglasting longer than a daikin? as far as the iarp goes well better speak to levin tomoz but what are these companies doing? the customer just wont pay it i got the lady at pentland to tell the customer the cost over the phone i was to embarased to tell her i no we get our discount but with door seals with colour is it magnetic has it rounded corners and it still the wrong one on supply why.

monkey spanners
24-04-2012, 08:49 PM
I give them the number of the local seal guy and he makes them on site to measure now. Never worth the bother doing them yourself as the never fit well, you spend hours cleaning out rotten food and grease from the grooves etc.

install monkey
24-04-2012, 08:51 PM
i feel your pain- mitsi are bulkier units but they last. i had a rzq100 4yr old,no problems-i installed it an all of a sudden condenser leak on the bottom row-chomped at the fins,blobbed it,all ok-when daikins work theyre great but when they fail-its sometimes better to swap the entire unit-had a ry35-comp siezed- priced for new inverter board,compressor-only £50 more for the condenser-but-as daikin have superseded theyre software,had to swap the indoor too to suit.
the fookers had also modified the back mounting plate for the wall mount!!-crafty gits!!

MikeHolm
25-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Even over here I have never thought of those ductless splits as anything more than disposable systems. Kinda like new fridges compared to older ones. Will people not pay for something better and longer lasting?

r.bartlett
25-04-2012, 11:58 AM
I'm compiling a quote for a building in poole which includes 2 shower pods.

shower pods 2 x 1600ea...........£3200.00
delivery................................ £1900.00
offloading and levelling.............. £960.00

total .................................£6060.00+VAT

r.bartlett
25-04-2012, 11:59 AM
I was quote by DUK on some spares for a timed next day = £350.00+VAT!

hyperion
25-04-2012, 09:01 PM
Try getting Altherma warranty spares from Daikin. Usual story, only in stock in Belgium. Does not help the householder who has no hot water or heating.

frank
25-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Try getting Altherma warranty spares from Daikin. Usual story, only in stock in Belgium. Does not help the householder who has no hot water or heating.
I had a warranty claim just after Christmas on an Altherma install (2.5 years). Seems that the AAV on top of the back-up heater cylinder had leaked due to water deposit build-up causing water to run down and drip onto the 3port valve under the unit.
Took some photo's, made out a service sheet report and e-mailed them off the DUK. Copied the customer in.
2 days later the replacement parts arrived and a week later the warranty labour credit arrived.

Can't fault it.

stufus
25-04-2012, 09:43 PM
Frank , I think think you're on DUK'S books ,If not you should be !! They badly need a PR crash course
Cheers
Stu

monkey spanners
25-04-2012, 11:15 PM
Took them six weeks to supply me with some parts, despite me telling them my customers office had no heating, had to run a credit check on me even though i was paying with a card....

Would only deal by email which they didn't answer.

They seem to go out of their way to try and make me lose customers, if i get the chance i will return the favour.

chilliwilly
26-04-2012, 11:27 AM
I was thinking of using Daikin for a potential project but after reading this on here I think I'll stick with Mits on installs. Any HRP depot will be able to get spares.

frank
26-04-2012, 06:57 PM
Frank , I think think you're on DUK'S books ,If not you should be !! They badly need a PR crash course
Cheers
Stu

I'm not on their books Stu.....and I've never refused one of them little brown envelopes either :D:D:D

stufus
26-04-2012, 11:35 PM
On the way Frank

I'm not on their books Stu.....and I've never refused one of them little brown envelopes either :D:D:D
Cheers
Stu