PDA

View Full Version : Daikin 4MX80HV1NB probs...

eggs
26-11-2005, 04:11 PM
Hello all,

I got called out to an r22 inverter 4mx sytem today with a complaint of "it's blowing room temp air"
Anyway i made sure all 4 wallmounts were calling for cooling and waited, and waited, nothing.
I checked all the led's and controllers for fault codes, nothing.
This daikin thinks everything is ok.
When i pressed the test operation button on the outdoor unit, she fired up and run like a good one.
In the end, i think i traced the fault. It seems that the outdoor air thermistor thinks todays temperature is below 0degC, because when i rubbed the thermistor to get some heat in it, off she run
Can anybody offer any tips on how to prove wether the thermistor is at fault or the pcb.
Can i read the thermistor temp on the controller like i can on Hitachi?
Can i fit a low ambient kit to this model?

thanks for any help offered

cheers

eggs

frank
27-11-2005, 02:51 PM
Eggs

If you send me an e-mail address I'll send you the service manual in PDF (7.4mb) it's got all the fault codes, thermister values etc in it.

eggs
27-11-2005, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the book Frank.
It seems there is nothing wrong with the system.
Page 38 says cooling mode is designed for ambients of 10to 46 degC below this the outdoor unit may be held of on a safty device.
And in the trouble shooting section it says it will not run below 0degC.

Oh dear it looks like my customer has been mis-sold some kit.(not by me, although i did install it sub-contract for a company that has gone bust)

How do i explain that to them?

Cheers

eggs

chillin out
28-11-2005, 07:50 PM
How do i explain that to them?
Why bother to explain?

Can`t you get a low ambiant kit for it?

If you can, just tell the cust that there is a problem and it needs a part. (but don`t tell what part)

No need to lose face for something you didn`t do.

Everyones a winner and still friends. (and mabe the chance of more installs)

Chillin:) :)

eggs
30-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Can`t you get a low ambiant kit for it?

Apparently not:confused:

I spoke to Daikin today and i was told "we no longer offer ancillaries for R22 systems"

Does anybody offer a "Universal Kit" to suit this system?

cheers

eggs

martind
30-11-2005, 12:22 PM
Apparently not:confused:

I spoke to Daikin today and i was told "we no longer offer ancillaries for R22 systems"

Does anybody offer a "Universal Kit" to suit this system?

cheers

eggs

You will never get such answer from us (Slovak affiliate of Daikin)

The problem is, that there is no accessory, that could extend the operation range of the outdoor unit.

As you correctly found the operation is restricted due to the ambient temperature. There is active the software function, that should prevent the compresor against sucting liguid refrigerant during low ambient temperatures.

The unit is simply designed for the specified temperature range, and unfortunately there is not possible to modify the unit with e.g. fanspeed controller, because this prevention function has nothing to do with condensing pressure.

What I do not understand, that they have installed a heat pump unit, and they need to cool even at 0°C. This is really aplication problem and the responsibility is on the designer (or the man who proposed the unit) side.

Unfortunately I have no better answer for you, but maybe better presented than my colleagues you call.

eggs
30-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Thanks, you have presented it better than my local daikin office:)

cheers

eggs

chillin out
30-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Fit a stat and a timer...job done.

Chillin:) :)

olsfors
19-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Hi Frank,

I have a Daikin 4MX80HV1NB blowing fuses and would very much like to have the service manual for it to be able to fix it. As it is known you are such a nice guy, I have some hope you could email the manual to me. My email address is:
xxxx

Many thanks for your help from a pretty cold Switzerland.

Greetings,
Jan Olsfors

Lowrider
19-12-2007, 12:59 AM
Remove the outdoor air temp sensor en replace for a resistance of the correct amount for say 15 dgr C! Problem solved!!!!

eggs
19-12-2007, 02:32 AM
This is a blast from way back!!

Ha haaaa, i sold them a Tosh mini VRF in the summer!!!!!!!

Kerching!!!!!!! problem solved.

And i got £80 from the scrap yard for the old Daikin.

Eggs

PS i've nothing against Daikin, i quite like it.

hrpower
11-01-2009, 09:08 PM
If is possible send me the service manual for 4MX80HV1NB.

My mail is helder.rp@gmail.com

Tank you
HRPower

paddyaircon
13-02-2009, 08:22 PM
are daikin really that good??

avh005
19-02-2009, 08:03 PM
Yes, they are the marker leaders and always help when they can. Problem is that the R22's is the past and every manufacturer has moved on.

NFreitas
21-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Still anyone have the 4MX80HV1NB Service Manual?
Thanks