PDA

View Full Version : Daikin L1 Fault

headgasket
21-04-2012, 10:02 AM
Hi attend a Daikin Split inverter a few weeks ago with a L1 fault, advised by Daikin to replace the inverter board, fitted new still L1, on start up you can hear all the relays click and the EEV wind up, but will not run, spoke with Daikin, tested a few things, top condenser fan open circuit, 240v from the power board to the inverter board, have been told by Daikin to replace fan and C4 2200 capacitor on power board, waiting for parts, not convinced this will work, has any one had faulty new boards from suppliers

install monkey
21-04-2012, 10:12 AM
have you got a manual for it? whats the model number- not had any problems with pcbs for a while. if ur unit is a rzq check the cables near the suction line as ive got 1 in sheffield thats rubbed through,blown the circuit breaker and popped a hole in the suction line.

headgasket
21-04-2012, 12:40 PM
I have down loaded a manual from Daikin thanks, model RZQ100C7V1B, will have to see what happens when i fit the new parts, Bring back the old fujitsu’s, fan motor, comp, capacitor, only 3 things to go wrongs

install monkey
21-04-2012, 01:48 PM
daikin rzq100c7v1b

Reffnut
22-04-2012, 01:34 PM
Ive had this problem with an L1 fault before too, on this model number, it turned out that the condenser fan motors where open circuit so dragging down the voltage off the board causing an L1 fault, the new board wont be faulty, id guess ur original one probably wasn't either

install monkey
22-04-2012, 02:37 PM
couldnt copy the flow chart properly but it does mention checking fan motor windings- info sourced from rzq service manual
Troubleshooting
Is the
power supply voltage
between 180 and
220 VAC?
NO
YES
Request an
improvement to make
the power supply
voltage fall within the
standard range.
Turn OFF the power supply
once.
Is the
lead wire for compressor
connected to PC board and compressor
without becoming
loose?
NO
YES
Connect tightly and
correctly.
Check the resistance value for the
fan motor.
Is the
resistance value of the fan
motor normal?
NO
Replace the fan motor.
Does the fuse
F6U have continuity?
NO
YES
YES
Replace the fuse. Use
only specified fuses.
There is no problem with
the unit. An external
factor (noise, etc.) other
than unit failure may be
the cause.
Power ON again.
Does "
L1" malfunction
reoccur?
YES
NO
Replace the outdoor PC
board (A2P).
Caution
Be sure to turn off power switch before connect or disconnect connector,
or parts damage may be occurred.

headgasket
23-04-2012, 10:13 AM
thanks for your help, still waiting for the new fan to turn up, i might put the old board on ebay

headgasket
03-05-2012, 07:42 PM
condenser fan motor all working now,

Deano240
10-06-2012, 05:37 PM
what did u do with the old board

headgasket
11-06-2012, 07:47 AM
i am thinking of putting it on Ebay with all my other working PCB's, are you after one

Makeit go Right
13-06-2012, 02:29 AM
Hi, Headgasget,
Why not try (some hope, agreed) but try getting Daikin to take it back as an unnecessary purchase recc'ed by them. Might get something out of it.

headgasket
13-06-2012, 02:18 PM
no daikin never acept anything back once opened, unlike space cooling who do