PDA

View Full Version : Manitowoc harvest issues

electricblue
19-04-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking for some help. I bought a Manitowoc q454. 120v air cooled. Replaced dump and water fill valves. Harvest safety is stopping it now. After I cleaned it she ran a lot longer before stopping. It's the harvest over 3.5 code. I found why it was setting the code. It would go into harvest. Then harvest light goes off. Goes back to freeze. Then harvest light goes back on and continues to freeze. I don't think it's the probe cause it works for many cycles. I read another thread with same issues and cause was bad relay on board. Does this sound right?

Royal241
26-04-2012, 12:31 AM
check the curtain switch, and time the machine yourself, maybe it's not leveled and the curtain stays open half way, what's your pressures? maybe low on *****, is the ice formation even? How long does it take to make ice? once again is the plate full top to bottom or just making ice on the bottom? Just need more info and we get you there ;)

LynnCD
09-05-2012, 03:36 PM
What can sometimes happen is a slow harvest will cause the ice sheet to hang the curtain open as well, never allowing that bin switch to make. As Royal241 mentioned as well, a bin switch can actually be an intermittent problem.