PDA

View Full Version : Evaporative Condenser

yabby
19-04-2012, 07:38 AM
Guys, need your help...

What brand of evaporative condenser offer 56kw for a block ice plant. 5MT/day

engrp
19-04-2012, 08:08 AM
you might want to check the website of baltimore air coil (bac) and evapco. the info available in their websites are more than sufficient for your needs.

yabby
19-04-2012, 11:39 AM
Thank you engrp for your response. but i'm thinking that maybe air cooled condenser might also fit well because of it's low capacity demand, what brand would you recommend for air cooled condensers?

aramis
19-04-2012, 04:44 PM
Gea Searle: www.searle.co.uk though they may not be readily available in the Phillipines.

Magoo
20-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Hi Yabby.
Your location is rather hot and humid, with evap/ condenser you will get advantage of water evaporation for condensing, will use a lot of water though which needs to be softened and chemically treated for bacteria, slime build up and legionella spores etc., for the ice plant consider an ozonator for water treatment after normal filtration methods. Ice is the forgotten food and can infect squillions of people.

GOODLOYAL
21-04-2012, 07:33 PM
YOu can try guntner air condenser.
As for evaporator, if you using shell and tube water evaporator you should using sea water evaporator and ss pump for minus. But if you hard to find it, you can using coil evaporator with agitator.
hope it can help you

michaelm
22-04-2012, 05:24 AM
B”H
Magoo
Could you suggest a good azonator supplier.

engrp
26-04-2012, 02:00 AM
sorry for the late reply, yabby. how is your equipment selection ? i don't know of anyone using air cooled condensers here(in the philippines). use of shell and tube , and evaporative condensers are more of the norm, as far as i know.

yabby
26-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Thank you engrp. i chose evaporative condenser wanxiang brand which is cheaper than evapco.

engrp
27-04-2012, 02:04 AM
sir yabby, sent you a private message, check if you have time

Magoo
27-04-2012, 03:09 AM
Hi Yabby,
hopefully you have ordered evap/cond with stainlees steel sheet metal casing. Cheap is one thing but if sheet metal/ normal galvanised, will fall to bits in approx 5 years in your global location. Not too late to upgrade order specification. the supplier will just take your order and not advise the best options