PDA

View Full Version : Carrier 30gx

andymackay1979
18-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Im having trouble with above chiller tripping on low sst, currently it will pump into vacuum on start up and trip out on same fault or ecconamizer transducer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

sedgy
18-04-2012, 03:02 PM
hi andy , it lookes like < with the cold ambiant < that the suction psig is tripping the L-P< sst ? to get round this fit a < winter start pack< so as to bypass the L-P untill the unit gets warmed up , good luck, = sedgy,

andymackay1979
19-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Hi sedgy, other circuits & chiller on site are working ok, I'm thinking along the lines that due to low load on this particular machine that there is oil logging causing pump down on the expansion valve. Checked stepper motor (ok)

What do u think?

goshen
24-04-2012, 08:09 PM
Hi
check your econimiser sensor and solonoied.
i have had problems with these buggers.
good luck

sedgy
25-04-2012, 10:50 AM
hi andy,
another tip < on carrier units < is the long very small diamiter pipes going to the gauges, have had to replace a few over the years , it seamed the pressure drop effected the gauges, wether it was a blockage or just the small size cannot remember < it was 200 years ago < lol=sedgy

Gibbo
26-04-2012, 08:11 AM
There is no LP or gauges fitted to this chiller, seems you have a problem with your EXV if its pumping down into a vacuum.

andymackay1979
26-04-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the feedback, the plan of action is to return on a warmer day and build up the water temp so we can run this circuit under a higher load for an hour or more... Hopefully this will return most of the oil to the seperator.

This machine runs as backup to another chiller therefor has v low load most days through the cooler periods (wich is most days in this country) so I think the exv/cooler is oil logged and causing pump down, after a period of time this settles and we are able to run the circuit with no issues until it cycles off and back on again then it pumps down... It had a new exv recently fitted by another engineer so we know the valve is ok I have also checked the valve operation (ok)

We have recommended to the client to change the control strategy so that the chillers change over and this chiller can run as lead on a changeover basis.

This is just my trail of thought on the problem, if anyone has had a lot of experience with this issue it would interesting to hear your thoughts too
(the machine is a 30gx runs on 134a approx age 2005 no data plate)

Cheers. Andy.

Burrah Boy
30-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi, the first thing to check for on these units is the EEV connection that screws onto the EEV. These were badly insulated which resulted in chronic corrossion, I have had at least ten changed already. When fitting a new one use silicone grease on the plug, and not too much, and insulate the plug nicely with armaflex tape. I have also had dodgy economiser tranducers go on me.
Good luck

goshen
01-05-2012, 05:08 AM
Hi
good advice from burrah boy.
couldnt agree more!

Yuri B.
01-05-2012, 04:35 PM
I would say: ***** shortage.

simon@parker
02-05-2012, 05:32 PM
would say check charge but if it cycles fine all the other time it seems fine going out on sst is an indicator of that had the plate prob myself if you open up the pannels behind the mains isolater they usually have to unit model carrier can then tell you system charge from that or you can download a manual for it or request one on here you might get lucky i had 3 large carrier dual circuit chillers next to each other only 4 yrs old not one had the correct charge in and 3kgs below plate charge is enough to cause problems dont do as carrier recommend and add refrigerant in 3kg bursts reclaim and recharge then you know for certain change drier core as well its never a bad idea sorry if i teaching you to suck eggs good luck with that one :)

french chiller
05-05-2012, 03:53 PM
i everybody i am french chiller and work on these machine.
i dont speak very well english but i am going try to help you.
there is 5 possibilities:
Low charge of ***** r134a.Control the charge at 100% running if you can: Condensing t°-Liquide line T°=approx 7°/8°C
Pb with EXV on liquide ligne.control the EXV connexion or control it with the pro dialog +
there is too much oil in the evaporator:control the pinch LWT-SST
Control the difference between the T° sensor and a gauge(manometre) when the machine is stopped
Control the delta pressure of the drier filter IN/OUT.

Tell me if understand and sorry for the mistake.

wilko123
24-05-2012, 08:46 PM
Hi i have problems on this machine 30GX102 with pro dialouge plus controller, 51 kg in each circuit. It keeps nuisance tripping on Alarm 62 and when an engineer attends-resets, it runs away quite happily, quite annoying. Any ideas? Compressor filter, pre-filter, pump and oil all replaced. one strange thing was no oil was removed however pump was leaking from the body so have assumed the oil has escaped. I suspect a transducer issue or board, not too used to these machines so would appreciate any input in further diagnostics.

Grizzly
24-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Hi Wilko.
You don't say whether you have a description of that alarm code?

So below may help?

I would also look for any indirect influances that could give oil issues.
Grizzly

install monkey
24-05-2012, 10:52 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6xm7615z2j3e447
should help;)

wilko123
28-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Hi Wilko.
You don't say whether you have a description of that alarm code?

So below may help?

I would also look for any indirect influances that could give oil issues.
Grizzly

hello grizzly, where did you get this alarm description, the book im reffering to states high oil differntial alarm which has had me checking all sorts of other things..... We have a 30GX102 Chiller with the pro-dialogue grey screen. 2005
Were having alarm 62 appear for oil differential pressure which I thought today was due to the non-functioning oil separator heater, but also the oil differential transducer, when checking difference between discharge pressure and oil pressure the differential oil pressure seemed to be much higher, where is this oil differential transducer?

We have also changed oil, comp filter, pre-filter and pump.

What regulates the temperature control wise (oil heaters)?I noticed the heaters were off including the pipeline heater, when the pipework was pretty cool well below 40deg C, I found the separator heater open circuit but that does not explain why the pipeline heater was not on. The oil level switch contact was closed on the input option 9 so im scratching head a little,

Ever known the input board to fail? Or know what else would cause the control relays (contactors- 24vac coils for the heaters) not to be energised other than being satisfied on temperature?

Hopefully your world of wisdom can help me out of this pickle…

wilko123
28-05-2012, 06:48 PM
hi again grizzly, just to add to that, the pre-lube is fine, it gets going but cuts out once it has been running a short period, since my involvement this has been multiple times but because the water temp is high, once its lower and the approach is about 4-5 deg it copes sweet as, in fact it does not trip out, then gts down to 1 deg C.

wilko123
28-05-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?6xm7615z2j3e447
should help;)

hello install monkey- thanks for manual, i have this... it does not represent the correct controller, and the book i have states alarm 62 is for

62 Max. oil pressure difference,compressor A1(Discharge pressure - oilpressure) >340 kPa for morethan 6 secondsCompressor A1 shut down Manual Obstructed oil filter, oil solenoid orshut-off valve blocked, or manualoil valve closed

wilko123
28-05-2012, 06:56 PM
Hello French Chiller- Have you got any idea? my post below.....

hasib khan
06-06-2012, 09:20 PM
hi dear ,i have a carrier 30gx french chiller pro dialoge plus chiller and i have problem in this is low suction saturation temp and the alarm code is 56 & 57 , ihave tried to top up freeon r134a, ihave replaced filter drier, and i have increased the water flow , i have replaced mother board and i increased the condensing temperature from 37c to 41c and still the same problem. can anyone help me . thanks in advanced

install monkey
06-06-2012, 09:42 PM
stepper motor on the txv or the lead to it can get moisture in- weigh out ur gas to see if its correctly charged as per nameplate!

wilko123
07-06-2012, 10:00 AM
still got alarm 62 coming up....having nightmare with this inconsistent nuisance alarm... new oil charge, new filters, full charge, any ideas?

redroge
08-06-2012, 05:48 PM
had this problem turned out to be a piece of oil pump in the oil line at the compressor end.

jason09
30-06-2012, 09:56 AM
why does no one ever give a system log? everyone has to guess! frenchy gave some good advice.