PDA

View Full Version : Prem-i-air PMSF12 - No cold air

roggy
17-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Hi,

Hoping you can help.

Firstly I am in no way a refrigeration engineer so my assertion maybe completly wrong so please be gentle!

I have had a Prem-i-air PMSF12 - DIY split unit with quick connect couplings for about 4 years.

Up until about 1 week ago it was working perfectly, however it has now stopped blowing cold air.

Things I have checked:

1) Internal filter is cleaned about every month and is clean

2) external unit about the same

3) external unit and internal unit are powered and both fans are blowing.

- My guess is that it needs a recharge of R410A - 1100g?

Two questions

1) Does a recharge sound logical?

2) I have had a quote for about £250 including 2 hours work vacumn,recharge and pressure test is that ok?

3) Will the fact that it has quick connects effect the engineers ability to recharge?

Thanks for your help.

install monkey
17-04-2012, 07:00 PM
qwik couplers are the work of the devil- the o rings deteriorate with heat, you say both fans are running,can you hear the compressor run?-most small cheap units dont have a low pressure switch- normally just the compressor overheats after a while- is there any signs of oil anywhere-this would indicate a leak.

roggy
17-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Hi,

Thanks for replying so quickly - yes I can hear the compressor switching on - but I cant hear the fizzing and the poping that I used to.

Feeling the metal "fins" (evaporator?) on the internal unit its not cold at all.

However I have just looked outside and can see condensation on the quick connection couplings.

No oil can be seen on the floor under or surrounding the external unit

install monkey
17-04-2012, 08:58 PM
first ensure they weigh the gas they remove to compare this to the factory charge-usually around 1.1kg
then if they weigh out the correct charge then possibly compressor failure-not pumping or partial blockage
if no gas or lost gas from the system then pressure test to find and fix the leak-vac system and weigh in new gas.
found a technical support details for you

Product Support

Email :

helpdesk@prem-i-air.co.uk

Telephone :

01744 745030

Fax :

01744 745001

roggy
18-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Thanks again for your help.