PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - LG Multi Outdoor Unit

back2space
17-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Hi everyone

Looking for a 2nd hand LG inverter outdoor unit to run a 3.5kw indoor wall mount for my brother. He may possibly add a 2.5kw unit at a later stage but for now he has been given an almost new indoor wall mount unit. Checked ebay but no multi units on there.

So if you go to any new installs or rip outs and come across perhaps a 4/5kw outdoor multi split inverter unit that is working can you let me know. Cash waiting.

Thank you.

Slim R410a
17-04-2012, 09:01 AM
Check the install manuals first - most multi's do not allow only one indoor connected.

back2space
17-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Check the install manuals first - most multi's do not allow only one indoor connected.

I think LG specify minimum 2 indoor units so my brother will buy an extra indoor unit.

install monkey
17-04-2012, 07:27 PM
any consilation fujitsu multi splits will allow 50% less indoors-as theyre inverter driven and the lev is opened via the indoor unit signal-same as daikins-have is this lg a current model -if not have you tried the lg distributors to see if they have any damaged ones as delivery drivers love chucking units about without damaging the cardboard outer -amazing-just a though

back2space
17-04-2012, 07:41 PM
LG state that minimum of 2 indoors should be connected. I guess this is for operational purposes but it is possible to only run 1 indoor at a time so not sure why need to have 2 connected. I just wanted my brother to be able to add on at a later stage and save some money with me giving him a wall mounted unit. If the wall mount was a 1-1 split type then buying the outdoor unit is very cheap but when you have to match a multi indoor with a multi outdoor it becomes expensive. LG state you cant match a standard 1-1 outdoor unit with a multi indoor unit even though they look identical. Apparently the comms language is different. However companies like mitsi use the same units for multis or 1-1 splits I am told.

Slim R410a
18-04-2012, 09:15 AM
Daikin state a minimum of 2 indoors connected even on the smallest multi outdoor.
And yes you are right, Mitsubishi Elec & Daikin use a common indoor unit that will connect to either a 1-1 split or a multi system. Toshiba and others use a different wall/floor/ducted indoor unit for there multi systems that will not connect to a standard split.