PDA

View Full Version : york ycaj oil problems

redroge
16-04-2012, 06:42 PM
has anyone had intermitant oil problems with one of these chillers.
one compressor runs ok but number two will be working ok sometimes when i go to site but other times it trips on oil failure with no oil pressure at all just vapour at the schrader on the oil pump,the oil level is ok and the crankcase heater is working so there is no liquid in the compressor.

install monkey
16-04-2012, 08:50 PM
have you tried draining the oil and inspecting the oil pickup filter gauze,also any swarf or crap in the sump?

al
16-04-2012, 09:27 PM
What model YCAJ? some j or h compressors had faulty oil pumps and oil sensors.

al

redroge
17-04-2012, 06:08 PM
ycaj765t9gsi, the compressor is a jl632q5046sy, do you know if there is a nrv in the oil line between the sump and the oil pump.

Grizzly
17-04-2012, 09:29 PM
I would go with IM's diagnosis.
Grizzly

aramis
17-04-2012, 09:52 PM
If you already checked Install Monkeys suggestion and is OK, measure both crankcase pressures while the compressors are running, with the same gage. Do not use different sensors unless you have just calibrated them.

Grizzly
17-04-2012, 09:59 PM
If you already checked Install Monkeys suggestion and is OK, measure both crankcase pressures while the compressors are running, with the same gage. Do not use different sensors unless you have just calibrated them.

You got me there aramis.
If there is no oil pressure how do you propose to run the compressor?
Oil pressure displayed is a calculation of actual oil pressure and suction pressure ( crankcase pressure).

Maybe that question is unfair as if the strainer is checked / cleaned there would be fresh oil in the compressor upon start-up. Therefore initially there would be no oil pressure problem.
The Oil pressure is not there on start-up rather than fading whilst running, or so that's the way I read redroges question/ dilemma.
The difference is huge because there are many things not part of the oil circuit that will affect oil pressure issues in any recip.

So if the pump is being starved on start-up. As has been suggested the oil pump pick-up strainer would be a good place to start.

As to why you would check the crankcase pressure you have me there?

Grizzly

redroge
18-04-2012, 06:16 PM
i think the answer is get gasket set and start stripping it down
cheers lads.

redroge
25-06-2012, 06:08 PM
Been back today found the compressor running sweet as a nut with oil pressure of five bar,can,t see it being a strainer blockage!

Grizzly
25-06-2012, 07:26 PM
Could of been High oil temp, which in turn causes the viscosity of the oil to drop and it's pressure with it.
Once it's all cooled down,all is sweet until the next time.
Grizzly

redroge
25-06-2012, 07:49 PM
When it was tripping there was only vapour at the oil pump.

Grizzly
25-06-2012, 08:37 PM
You got me there my friend?

J's will throw oil for a pastime is running on part load for long enough.
Did you top it up to get it away?
It's possible to get vapour whilst at a standstill.
What's the suction pressure doing and the oil temp?
Grizzly

Grizzly
25-06-2012, 10:17 PM
Hi redroge.

Just a thought sometime a oil pressure fault is the first cutout reached.
Ie when suction pressure drops to low the software sees it as low oil pressure.
Especially if the lwt probe is reading high.
So low oil is not always the problem.
Grizzly

redroge
26-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Just recieved some info from york does anyone know what an oil educator is as i,ve never heard of it before.

al
26-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I think it's the pipe that collects oil from the suction chamber where the windings are, brings the oil to the oil sump proper.

al

yorkman_gr
11-07-2012, 02:00 PM
Redroge when you go again to check the compressor i need only one thing to tell me and if you still having trouble i know the solution. i need to tell me the compressor discharge end temperature and especially the one in the continuously loaded cylinders

redroge
11-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Compressor is still running ok.

yorkman_gr
15-07-2012, 06:30 AM
ok redroge good to know that the compressor is running ok if you get that problem again just let me know