PDA

View Full Version : Copeland D6DDA27 OE AWM

Chillin4alivin
04-04-2012, 06:01 PM
Hi All

Had to send the above compressor to get rebuilt after oil fault and problem with Sentronic+

Now have compressor returned and fitted to the Vogts PX18 Tube Ice Machine.

I have removed the Sentronic+ and fitted a Danfoss MP55 with 90s Delay.

Can anyone tell me if i need to remove the old Sentronic+ Sensor and if so is, this where the oil pump outlet pressure is measured from?

Many Thanks

Magoo
04-04-2012, 09:07 PM
The pipe loop is for optional oil cooler, the two caps on adaptor, the one facing camera is a schrader for service gauge the right hand cap in for MP55 attachment, leave sensor in place.

aramis
05-04-2012, 12:52 AM
I agree with Magoo.

Should you need to remove the sensor you have to change the gasket between the oil pump and the compressor to close the pressure ports and fit in a plug.

aramis
05-04-2012, 01:00 AM
By the way, I think changing the Sentronic+ is not a good idea.

According to Copeland specs you should use a MP54 with 120s delay to prevent nuisance trips.

The modern Sentronic adds up the time you have problems with the pressure and is much more reliable than Danfoss MP.

Magoo
05-04-2012, 01:35 AM
Hi Aramis
you are correct, but with a Vogt icemachine I would prefer to have a shorter time scale. the ice machine can turn nasty real quick, saturating back etc..

aramis
05-04-2012, 03:36 AM

Hi Magoo,

OK, It's not me who'll get the blisters...:)

aramis
05-04-2012, 03:45 AM
... is, this where the oil pump outlet pressure is measured from?

Many Thanks

Not just outlet. The sensor is connected to two ports that draw inlet and outlet oil pump pressure.

So you cannot simply remove the sensor.

aramis
05-04-2012, 03:49 AM
A picture is worth a thousand words:

https://opi.emersonclimate.com/CPID/GRAPHICS/Types/AEB/ae1166.pdf

Chillin4alivin
05-04-2012, 08:51 AM
Thanks very much for your input guys - I now have a drawing of the compressor from Emerson that shows an external oil cooler so now i understand the concept of the pipe loop. The Vogts Tube Ice Machine uses hot gas to harvest ice (roughly 3mins). This is when i experience oil problems at compressor - When it reverts to refrigeration mode the oil is returned to the sump from the oil separator. Normal oil level is then achieved after a couple of minutes. Will update with results for info.....thanks again

aramis
05-04-2012, 08:57 PM
The Vogts Tube Ice Machine uses hot gas to harvest ice (roughly 3mins). This is when i experience oil problems at compressor

This shouldn’t be.

Oil usually traps in the evaporator at the lowest suction pressure, reversing the cycle should bring all this oil back.

This means that either the outside coil is traping oil, or …

- When it reverts to refrigeration mode the oil is returned to the sump from the oil separator. Normal oil level is then achieved after a couple of minutes. Will update with results for info.....thanks again

… or the oil separator is not connected correctly or the crankcase pressure is too high in the reverse cycle.

Could you send us a picture showing the compressor discharge valve and reversing valve and oil separator together and the high and low pressures just before the cycle starts and just after?

aramis
05-04-2012, 08:58 PM
... oh! and observe what you see in the sight glass at cycle changes!

Chillin4alivin
10-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Right Guys....bit late with update but here goes!
Problem with the henry oil separator, this has now been changed and returning oil at satisfactory rate.
We had oil lying inside the evaporator tubes...this has now been drained and machine is now making full capacity ice. Customer now happy and Engineer delighted ALL IS GOOD!!

Sandro Baptista
10-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Yah...the when the plant was on defrost the discharge pressure should lower a lot which penalizes the oil separation and because the oil separator wasn't good enough then the hot gas+oil were directly to the evaporator/ice generator.

Chillin4alivin
13-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Its all about equilibrium:cool: