PDA

View Full Version : Using same suppy for 2 A/C Systems

Giles
03-04-2012, 08:46 AM
Can anyone help ? Is it feasible to use the same power supply for 2 Air conditioning systems (both dc inverters) The reason is, there is no available supply for an additional 3.5kw A/C, but there is a cassette system right next to where they want the 3.5kw system. If the supply was taken from mains in, on cassette and fed to a protected mains switch for the smaller unit, would this cause a problem.....Would appreciate anyones thoughts.

Thanks
Giles

sedgy
03-04-2012, 01:13 PM
giles , no matter how many times you start a thread the answer you get will still be the same = sedgy

monkey spanners
03-04-2012, 06:57 PM
This message hasn't been deleted by frank.

:D

The Viking
03-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Giles,
It might be possible to convert the existing supply to a "ring main" supply for both units but not as you describe it.

Your best option would be to get a suitable qualified sparky onboard to design and sort that part of the job.

:cool:

Giles
03-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Thanks for your reply....The cassette has it's own 32amp dedicated supply, so i think a ring main is not the answer. I am quite aware that each system requires it's own dedicated supply & ethically the question is not the way to go, in an ideal world, Just wanted to know why, electrically this canott be done ? Any thoughts of would it affect the inverters in any way ? Anyone tried it ?.....This is pure "conjecture" by the way.

Giles

martinw58
03-04-2012, 09:48 PM
if its the incoming power supply and the cable and braker are sized corectl to take the load and you install a braker at each unit i do not think you will have any problems

r.bartlett
03-04-2012, 10:13 PM
I suspect you could take a 10a fused spur off from the 32a supply at the isolator to feed the 3.5 unit no problem.

install monkey
03-04-2012, 10:40 PM
no available supply- you mean no spare ways in the board
get a 40a breaker and fit a 2 way board locally and fit 2 breakers and run a new supply. or get a a bigger board- this message hasnt been deleted either yet! haha

Can anyone help ? Is it feasible to use the same power supply for 2 Air conditioning systems (both dc inverters) The reason is, there is no available supply for an additional 3.5kw A/C, but there is a cassette system right next to where they want the 3.5kw system. If the supply was taken from mains in, on cassette and fed to a protected mains switch for the smaller unit, would this cause a problem.....Would appreciate anyones thoughts.

Thanks
Giles

Steven_AC
05-05-2012, 08:38 AM
no available supply- you mean no spare ways in the board
get a 40a breaker and fit a 2 way board locally and fit 2 breakers and run a new supply. or get a a bigger board- this message hasnt been deleted either yet! haha

That's the way I would do it to if you can get hold of a 40A breaker, 6mm cable clipped direct can carry 47 amps to a new 2 way board then fit 32amp and 10 amp breaker, then size cable to length and installation method to your two condensers.