PDA

View Full Version : Mistral 410+ - an oldie but a goodie(-:

djbe
31-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Have a minor problem with an old M410+.

When down to temperature on low speed the throttle solenoid engages approx. every 5 seconds runs on hi speed for 1 second then drops to low speed again.

I seem to recall many years ago having this problem on a Mistral and it was down to a bad engine earth but have ruled that out on this one.

It's not a major problem but is bugging me any ideas?

Regards,
djbe.

charlie patt
01-04-2012, 07:32 PM
check enough amps output on alt i had one doing it done the earth point well fitted the jump leads anyway and made no difference many a hr later found chargeing amps not great on idle i increased the idle and it was fine 8 months later it started again i changed the alt then as there was not enough thread on the throttle stop

djbe
01-04-2012, 07:58 PM
Ok Charlie will give it a go.

Thanks,
djbe.

charlie patt
02-04-2012, 08:55 PM
the only other thing i remebered whilst doing a t bird today yes a t bird still going strong even with 3 rods in the comp gone some of the 410s where modified from a fuse to a autoreset thermal breaker mainly if they came out of holland for some reason never found out why but if the likeage tight or sol valve drawing excess amps you may get the same issue but being a carrirer what ever is the fault something else is the reason for it ive always said with a carrier you have the fault and the reason for the fault

djbe
02-04-2012, 10:03 PM
but being a carrirer what ever is the fault something else is the reason for it ive always said with a carrier you have the fault and the reason for the fault

That is very true! I will check that as well.

I did like the old Thunderchicken though:)

charlie patt
03-04-2012, 08:19 PM
as yes i did not mind um keep the boards tight with new rubber bands every 12 months when it wont go past minus 13 drop out the oil glass and sea how many rods are bust and change the injector washers before they start chuffing and when the oil appears above the top doors start braising the condensor before it gets worst yep i idid not mind um compared to smxs antway

Mick Carroll
03-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Plenty of money made from them SMX,s