PDA

View Full Version : Hoover Optima Fridge Freezer Problems

saulwilks
29-03-2012, 04:42 PM
Hello there,

At a bit of a loose end with my fridge freezer and can't get any joy from Hoover themselves.

Basically I have a Hoover Optima - The only numbers that hint at being a model number or serial
number are on the motor at the back. They are as follows -

R134A (Which I believe is the gas)
OF 1033A

The problem I've got is that the Fridge Freezer had completely defrosted itself - this has happened before when power to the appliance was accidentally switched off during a power cut. I can't remember how I got it working again, or if It came back to it's normal process on its own.

At the moment the fridge is completely warm and the freezer, although its shed all its ice is moderately cool. However, the motor at the back seems to click on for 5 seconds and then goes off, this is then followed by a small faint brief noise that sounds like something else trying to start
up although I'm unsure as to what this is.

I've tried turning the dial to zero and then back to one to initialize chilling again but It doesn't
do anything.

If anyone could perhaps offer some insight or info then I would be entirely grateful

tonto33
29-03-2012, 07:29 PM
model number should be inside the fridge near salad draw sounds like u need to replace relay on compressor