PDA

View Full Version : help with ice cream machine

troys treats
24-03-2012, 10:59 AM
hi all im new to the sight and need a bit of help ...... i have a couple of ice cream vans both running Carpigiani machined now heres the problem the 1 of my machines is fine but the other starts to freeze but wont freeze the ice cream completley iv noticed that there are a couple of thermostats on the machine i beleave 1 goes to the hopper and 1 to the despence cylinder am i right in thinking that the 1 that goes to the despence cylinder is the auto cut off for when the ice cream is ready ?????
if so is there a way to over ride it iv taken it off and the machine makes great ice cream but wont hold and preduce fast enough please help as the weather is georgus and im missing out

thanks troy

Peter_1
24-03-2012, 09:38 PM
On which of the several exact equal threads do you expect an answer?

Magoo
25-03-2012, 06:18 AM
The churn control is via hard-o-matic on processor board, it looks at current draw on drive motor to stop churning, and they are delicate to set up, the stat is a maintaining effect, to keep barrels cold, the other stat is to maintain storage hopper temp at or about +4'C. [ check that the duck bill bleeders are clean, if they leak too much can give same result, too much bypass. The barrels dont pressurize slow freezing] Suggest that faulty machine has not been set up correctly. DO not bridge/bypass anything that will nullenvoid any warranty. Go back to machine supplier and get rectified at there cost. Carpigiani have a user freindly web site, for operating advise tips and for local service agents.
Do you have single, or twin barrel machines. The singles are more user freindly.
The mix temp can be a scary alternative problem, if not kept at or below +4'C the bugs take over and wont serve / churn correctly, must be ke.pt refrigerated

troys treats
26-03-2012, 10:05 AM
its an old machine has been working great then over a few days it slowly got worse and stoped cutting off when it got to right temp the valve gets realy warm much warmer then the other 1 which is why im thinking its that going wrong iv only owned the van just over a year so realy am new to it im good with machanics of the van but the machine not so good as im still learning all the pump is working fine getting lots of air in the ice cream. it dosent have a prosessor as its a direct drive machine

The Viking
26-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Have you cleaned the condensor, made sure it's fan works and that the airflow isn't obstructed in any way?

If you have then your best option is to call an engineer out to have a look at it, sorry.

:cool: