PDA

View Full Version : Hazardous waste certificates

r.bartlett
22-03-2012, 11:09 PM
Chaps

do you produce a TWC certificate every time you recover refrigerant in duplicate as per the regs?

Brian_UK
22-03-2012, 11:16 PM
Oh yes and your good self ?

chillerman2006
22-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Climate centre will not collect from site without one

but I do know one that will, I dont use them of course

R's chillerman

monkey spanners
23-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Is this a waste transfer ticket?

Am looking into getting some printed (along with some f gas log books...)

At pressent it gets put on work sheet, unit serial number, bottle number ref type etc etc, and a transfer note when the cyclinder goes back to whoever i gots it from! Also its duplicated in my work diary.

r.bartlett
23-03-2012, 07:01 AM
Is this a waste transfer ticket?

Am looking into getting some printed (along with some f gas log books...)

At pressent it gets put on work sheet, unit serial number, bottle number ref type etc etc, and a transfer note when the cyclinder goes back to whoever i gots it from! Also its duplicated in my work diary.

This is what we do as it's all built within our jobsheets. I was looking round late last night and was concerned that we neededto fill out those complex TWC from dept of Enviroment.

However I found this on ACRIB

1) One-Off Recovered Refrigerant Removal Operation
You can remove recovered refrigerant as a one-off operation, servicing aspecific site – recover refrigerant, remove it from the site and transfer it toa wholesaler, refrigerant distributor or reclaimer. If you are removing lessthan 500kg from that site in any 12 month period, you do not require aPremises Code for that site but –
a) You must keep any recovered refrigerant from that site totallyseparate from any other recovered refrigerant and transfer it to a wholesaler,distributor, or reclaimer as a totally separate consignmentof recovered refrigerant – It must not be placed in cylinders with recoveredrefrigerant from other sites.
b) You must keep a detailed record of all the hazardous waste, includingrecovered refrigerant removed by you or any other person from thatspecific site in any 12 month period and if the amount you intend to remove islikely to reach or exceed 500kg ­-
You (or the site owner) must obtain a Premises Code for that specificsite before you remove any further recovered refrigerant that amounts to500 kg or more of the total 12 month Hazardous Waste removal inventory for thatsite.