PDA

View Full Version : TK TS 300 Scroll Compressor Rotation

jakemigz
18-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Hiyone can help me explain what will happen to TKO Scroll compressor if its on wrong rotation?

jakemigz
18-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Hi anyone can help me explain what will happen to TK Scroll compressor if its on wrong rotation, is it will not pumping or will damage the compressor? Thanks

monkey spanners
18-03-2012, 06:37 PM
Don't know with TK if it will damage it, but it won't pump and will sound wrong. Most makes can run backwards for a short time without imediate damage but the lubrication doesn't work and there is no motor cooling for direct drive models so they will be damaged if run long enough that way.

Oregonbythesea
19-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Watch the gauges. If they move right away in the proper direction, then you are okay. If not, change the wiring.

djbe
20-03-2012, 07:47 PM
TK's with scroll compressors should have phase detection and reversal as standard so you should not have one running in reverse.

perthtech
01-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I believe compressor damage will occur.

jakemigz
01-04-2012, 06:16 PM
Thanks all for your comments, the fridge has been Zambianized done by a doggie Zambian Mc gyver everything has been bypass all protection devices and the phase detection is defective what they did is bypass it just to keep it running. Most of the fridges here is in very bad conditions, you wont beleive to start the engine you have to jump up on the top of the truck to start directly from stater solenoid, wirings been tampered wires everywhere totally mess, its a big challenges for me resotring all the wirings to put the fridge back in shape, fridge is working only on cooling no heating or defrosting but I have manage to restores some already just needs only patience doing the job.

mouse
02-04-2012, 06:23 PM
Thanks all for your comments, the fridge has been Zambianized done by a doggie Zambian Mc gyver everything has been bypass all protection devices and the phase detection is defective what they did is bypass it just to keep it running. Most of the fridges here is in very bad conditions, you wont beleive to start the engine you have to jump up on the top of the truck to start directly from stater solenoid, wirings been tampered wires everywhere totally mess, its a big challenges for me resotring all the wirings to put the fridge back in shape, fridge is working only on cooling no heating or defrosting but I have manage to restores some already just needs only patience doing the job.

Make photos and post here,are intresting for us.