PDA

View Full Version : Custom Controls

straightexhaust
18-03-2012, 03:27 PM
Hi Guys this is my first Post,

A little background, I am a systems tech for Johnson Controls and have only been there a short time I am new to the industry and have found my way into the controls side however the mechanical side has always interested me so here is my project.

I have a portable air conditioner that has a fried circuit board. I have removed it and will be using a Johnson Controls Controller to replace it along with relays for the fans and compressor circuitry.

My question comes in for the sensors, the existing circuitry monitored pipe temps which is how it cycled the compressor on and off so it did not run it too long and freeze it up. What kind of temps should I be looking for and where should my sensors go? I will take this and write a program to replace the existing circuitry. Just a rainy day kind of project haha

Thanks guys!

install monkey
18-03-2012, 03:38 PM
cant you just buy a new pcb-saves having to hide an outstation-

chillerman2006
18-03-2012, 03:47 PM
Hi straightexhaust

I would presume a pcb is a lot cheaper than an ivensis, which would cost alot more than a $150 portable a/c

unless you have aquired one, as so to speak

also can you help jci controls engineers over here by emailing me invensis doc's & programme

R's chillerman