PDA

View Full Version : Bomb charging

Lizardo
17-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Hi can anyone please tell me what is or how you do 'bomb' charging?
thanks !!

monkey spanners
17-03-2012, 07:13 PM
When you have a new system, or one that has been repaired and that has a vacuum in, you dump as much of the charge (if known) as possible in as a liquid before running the system up, or you estimate what it will need and put a bit less in then trim the charge once the system is commissioned.

Need to be mindful not to put too much in, and ideally it wants dumping into the high side.

mark957
09-04-2012, 02:25 PM
If I understand you want to recharge the refrigerant circuit.
you have to do with the vacuum system of the triple evacuation and after put the refrigerant in the liquid phase in an amount described by the total charge ....

aramis
09-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Hi can anyone please tell me what is or how you do 'bomb' charging?
thanks !!

Adding to Monkey Spanners post, you should be careful not to use this technique if the only place you have to charge is on the discharge line in a place where liquid refrigerant can go back to the compressor.

The correct place would be in the receiver or at the exit of the condenser if it doesn’t have one.

Since recovery machines and scales became part of our tool arsenal, the best way to charge all the refrigerant the system needs without using the compressor.

Great advantages of this method are:

- The compressor does not discharge at high temperatures while charging.

- The charge is much faster and less affected by ambient conditions.

- You can prepare the exact charge in your workshop.

- It is much easier to charge through a filter dryer to make sure your refrigerant has the least humidity.

- Much more conscious charge work (prevents overcharging better).

Disadvantages: Well you have to carry the recovery machine.

You can also call this bomb charging even!