PDA

View Full Version : water in the refrigerant circuit

mark957
17-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi guys
my problem is that in the circuit of my chiller after a loss from the condenser is water in the circuit.
repaired after the leak and dehydrated all the components, I need to know what are the best techniques to remove all water from the circuit.
My experiences with small amounts of water have been resolved by the vacuum, but in this case the amount of water and a lot.
Thanks to all

install monkey
17-03-2012, 09:27 PM
lots of nitrogen,take the drier cores out and blast it slowly- triple vac use a torr gauge and try and warm the chiller,change the oil

charlie patt
17-03-2012, 09:50 PM
fit a set of suction cores the biggest ones you can and do what im suggests

sedgy
17-03-2012, 10:39 PM
hi mark ,
as install monkey sayes ofn , but you can also heat the ofn < theres no liquid in ofn< and heat the chiller tubes with industrial fan assisted gas heater< this will help to boil off water < when vacing out
you could even run it on ofn < for a short time< to disipate the water,
ps remember to change the oil in the vac pump as well as the comp, sedgy,

glenn1340
19-03-2012, 04:47 PM
if you can get an air compressor with decent filtration to remove oil vapour running through a regen dessicant dryer, down to -60c You could leave in on over night or longer to blow out an water residue that`ll save a fortune on nitrogen. Then purge though with nitrogen and carry out the other works recommended by earlier posts.

jason09
17-06-2012, 05:21 AM
lots of nitro,ice traps still gunna have to change oil constantly you need more than tripple evac when you start getting decent vac any moisture will freeze and you will think you got it all but as soon as pressure rise ice will liquify again heaters will will help stop water from freezing, good luck,ive seen these things go south before it can get messy .

mark957
17-06-2012, 07:43 AM
Thanks for the responses everyone.