PDA

View Full Version : used Carrier/ TK hours data

gmak
16-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Hello to all, i am new to the forum. I am in the market for purchasing a used Carrier 850 or Thermo King TS-500 and could really use a tip.

I had a TS 500 checked, but we operated it without it's original controller. My question is, where is the data saved? On the cabin controller or the ECU? So did I read the hours of the TS 500 or another machine's?

And the same question about Carrier cooling machines.
I saw a Carrier 850. It read 22000 hours diesel with it's own controller. BUT, the standby time was 122000 hrs!! That's 14 years fom a 6yr old cooling machine.

I had the machine checked by a Carrier mechanic and he said the indications could be faulty from moisture as it's stored outside. I am not sure. Does anyone know where the data is saved on the carrier 850? On the cabin controller or the ECU? Could it be that the controller is older than the machine?

djbe
16-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Hi gmak,

Data is saved on the microprocessor (ecu) for both TK & Carrier, not the cab controller.

Regards,
djbe.

gmak
20-03-2012, 07:10 AM
hello,
Thank you for the information. I was bothered why everyone was looking for the "original" controller to get the machine's info.