PDA

View Full Version : History

flemingbagwash
15-03-2012, 10:39 AM
I worked for many years as a refrigeration engineer and then as a designer before eventual taking up a lecturing post at a university. I have now retired and would like to write a history of the UK refrigeration company L.Sterne and Co. They were based in Glasgow at the Crown Iron works and I do have some material about their products. Can anyone help me with further information?
Dr W Fleming

monkey spanners
15-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Found this on a farm a few months back, seem to remember they were used on Alfa Laval milk tanks way back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ec1qpt82O0&feature=g-upl&context=G2e5362cAUAAAAAAAWAA

Would be interested in a copy of your book should it go to print, keep us informed!

Jon :)

Len Fiddler
15-03-2012, 02:09 PM
L.Sterne also had a branch in Peckham London
The company was split up and the commercial range of hermetic compressors was sold to Prestcold
and the industrial department was sold to J & E Hall
Stern in German means Star and this is how Star refrigeration was born I am told

yinmorrison
07-04-2012, 09:40 PM
You should speak to the owners of Kooltech , who all came form Prestcold and I am sure out of the three who set up Kooltech at least one was with Sterne's at one point , may have been Bob Mutch!