PDA

View Full Version : sanyo VRF problem

philjd26
13-03-2012, 06:56 PM
hi gents

i am having trouble with some indoor units associated with 2 x VRF o/d in common..
The symptoms are this:

The system is connected to a central control with 8 systems on its control.
I am having trouble on my indoors from 1 of the systems , and getting a E04- E06 error.
The weird thing is that some controller displays do not come on and i have confirmed that there is 16vdc from the controller cable. *note, i did find these controllers a small bit hotter at the PCB at the back of the LCD.
However, the other controllers that do come on display E04 as stated above.

Anybody have any ideas whats going on here?

Ta P

install monkey
13-03-2012, 08:32 PM
E06 alarm
Alarm code E06
Alarm meaning Outdoor unit failed to receive serial communication signals from indoor unit.
Alarm conditions Outdoor unit failed to receive serial communication signals from indoor unit.
Probable cause ( 1) The indoor unit power was cut OFF after initial communications were completed.
(2) An open circuit or short circuit occurred in the inter-unit control wiring after initial
communications were completed.
Check Check the power at the indoor and outdoor units, and check the inter-unit control wiring.
Correction
Example
Notes This alarm is detected after initial communications are completed. Therefore, it does not occur in
cases of “disconnected serial connector,” “no terminal unit set,” or other trouble that occurs
before initial communications

stefs_cruiser
14-03-2012, 01:27 AM
very little experience with these units.

But the units with E04 have detected that the number of units set does not match the number of unit actually connected/detected..

The unit with E06 would be the unit, that is at fault, and I suspect it may be in the optocouplers on that unit.

Please let us know, what you find...

philjd26
16-03-2012, 07:12 AM
turns out the central control was disrupting the network, dis connect and re-connect same.... all initialized ok

s.wallbank
16-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi, I seem to of had a run of Sanyo problems lately and have experienced these faults. The e04 and e06 faults occur when the condenser isn't seeing the right number of indoor units. Usually if one of the indoors has lost main power the controller display will be blank and all the remaining controllers on the system will come up with the error code e04. You need to check the power to the indoor units and check you have a neutral. If You have power everywhere it's needed check the correct number of indoor units is set on the outdoor pcb dip switches. If its two independent condensers wired on a group it may need re addressing. Do this only when all remotes are lit up and correct amount of indoors set on condenser. Disconnect the group control of one of the condensers so that the condenser only searches for units connected to itself and short the pins out on the pcb to auto addresses. Do this for each condenser and only after this reconnect the group wiring. Hope this helps.

kanchi
16-03-2012, 09:28 AM
Do not blown the FUSE of the PCB in the room?

kanchi
16-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Do not blown the FUSE of the PCB in the room?