PDA

View Full Version : Sumotee ducted manual

AGSelec
12-03-2012, 06:30 AM
Hi guys does anyone have a manual for a Sumotee rf25gwtfh and rf25cfh ducted air conditioner. I have a couple which I look after and can not find anything on them.

The stuff I have fixed on them so far have been parts which are off the the shelve type things pressure switches and contacters but the luck will not last. It is only about five years old from what they tell me. I don't need I for a peticular reason now want to be on top of it.

Yes I know !!!! I didn't buy it or install it, they need to get another five years out of it before the library gets noted down.

AGSelec
21-05-2012, 10:14 AM
Has any one even heard of these sumotee ACs

cool_tech
21-05-2012, 10:31 AM
there is a good chance it comes out of unico (i think) a company that makes a lot of domestic/small commercial ac units. from what I have found a lot of them are very similar in design and electrics. where about's in aus are you? what is the age approx of this thing? could be a re badge Midea. look up model numbers?

AGSelec
22-05-2012, 10:47 AM
I am in Brisbane. I have searched the model numbers no luck. From what I understand the units are 5-10 years old

cool_tech
22-05-2012, 11:51 AM
R22? Single phase

r.bartlett
22-05-2012, 04:35 PM
post pictures...

AGSelec
23-05-2012, 03:51 AM
R22 Three Phase. these are a couple of pics i had in my phone, name plate and inside the outdoor unit control box.89758976

cool_tech
23-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Hey mate,
I have seen that ac unit before. two compressors? and the boards up the top are they defrost boards.? if so you could use an avion defrost or smart temp. would it run in heating mode in brissy?

AGSelec
24-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Two compressors. It would be used in heating mode, it is in the western suburbs so in winter would get used a bit and flogged in cooling in summer. I don't know what the cards are for sure because the problems I have had with these units have not required me to look in that area. But from memory the right side card does have two sensors attached. The left no sensors, but for some reason I thought it was for phase rotation lock out. Next time I am there I will look.

They have two of these units sumotee with sumotee branded wired remotes as well, I can't find anything any where on them just trying to stay one steep ahead, surely these are not the one two in the world. Maybe they are. thanks for your input

cool_tech
25-05-2012, 12:46 AM
They look like defrost cards with the sensors on it. a smart temp or avion card would do that job with minimal changes.

AGSelec
25-05-2012, 03:09 AM
Thanks man. I will store that in the back of my mind. Looks like no one has seen or heard of this brand though. Selec.