PDA

View Full Version : samsung side by side making noise??

miky2001
08-03-2012, 09:14 PM
my samsung trefridgerator is making intermittent loud noises. when i open the freezer door the noise stops, but starts right back up when i close it.

anyone else have this problem? or know how to fix it?

thanks

mike

miky2001
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
i opend up the back of the frezzer and found the fan shroud caked up with ice and the fan was hitting the ice making the noise.

anybody know whats causing this?

monkey spanners
09-03-2012, 06:10 PM
As a general guide rather than being Samsung specific,

It has either been operated in conditions it wasn't designed for, such as door not quite shut etc leading to more ice build up than the defrost sequence and system can cope with,

or,

Something in the defrost system, either software or hardware is fubared.

miky2001
09-03-2012, 06:54 PM
well it worked fine for over 2 years, so i dont hink operating conditions have anything to do with it?

ademps
09-03-2012, 10:21 PM
miky2001 google the model number of the fridge.its normally in the left hand side of the chill.you may be surprised at the amount of hits u find.there will probably be a forum specifically for samsung domestics.sounds to me that the defrost safety klixon has tripped and not reset.i think this was a common fault(allegedly)on some side by side american style fridge freezers. i think they even made it on to bbc ,s watchdog program.may be covered under warranty.give them a call& have the serial no &model no at hand. regds ademps

mikeref
09-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Common problem with this brand is when the fridge gets over 5 years old, insulation breaks down and moisture is able to get in through any openings in the wall, especially where the capillary and suction lines enter.
The defrost sensor is relocated on the Aussie fridges and the parameters on the defrost termination temperature is raised to allow ice buildup in affected areas to be removed.
I see your yellow sensor is on the other side of the fridge, so extending it to the suction line on the right will help control ice buildup. (You have to buy a new probe that has the longer lead).