PDA

View Full Version : Daikin nightmare

Obrien
07-03-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi im new to this forum so I will start by saying hi to everyone.
In have Refered to this forum many a time for info so I thought I would take the leap and join up.

A few weeks ago while I was off sick another engineer from my company was called out to one of my sites to an R22 k series daikin vrv he diagnosed that the compressor was faulty and also that the inverter board had blown.
Fast forward to last week and I change the compressor and inverter board and when I've come to run it up I got an L0 fault after looking at this thread http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?8742-daikin-L0-inverter-problem&highlight=daikin+l0+fault and doing the checks with the help of daikin tech I condemmed the main pcb and ordered a replacement.
Today I fit the replacement pcb and it came up with an E1 Outdoor PCB defect fault:(
then Daikin have said that i must have been sent a defective board and had to order a new one.
I then replaced the new board with the old one so that I could leave the system on emergency mode until the new board arrives and i am now getting a u9 fault.
By this time i could no longer speak to tech and called it a day.
Has any one got any ideas on what may be causing the u9 fault.
Thanks.

hyperion
07-03-2012, 09:06 PM
U9 fault is often caused by fitting a control PCB and not resetting the VRV to force it to check all of the connected components. Normally once the VRV has checked all of the components, it can take 15-20 minutes, you should be OK. Obviously if there is still a fault indicated on the board, as you would expect as you are fitting a suspect board, then this might prevent the system from running.