PDA

View Full Version : whirlpool ARZ8970 not cooling!

guyson
05-03-2012, 11:18 PM
I am having problems with my whirlpool ARZ970/H/SI fridgefreezer. It will not cool, and this is down to the compressor not kicking in when its supposed to. If i hit the control panel at the top of the fridgefreezer (where both temperature controls for the fridge and freezer are), the compressor seems to kick in for an hour or so, then the compressor stops and the fridge stops cooling. (This is with the fridge compartment turned on) However, if i have the fridge compartment turned off, the compressor seems to stay on alot longer (not sure if the compressor stays on yet)

I'm confused about what it could be because something tells me that it could be a loose connection, because if i tap/hit the control panel the compressor will kick in (doesnt kick back in after its gone off, unless powered off and turned back on again - and even then the panel still needs a little whack to get the compressor running again.

If anybody could point me in the right direction to what this could be, i would be really greatful.

install monkey
05-03-2012, 11:28 PM
dry joint or sticking relay