PDA

View Full Version : Electronic Leak detector

Gally
05-03-2012, 07:48 AM
I have a choice of getting a Rothenberger Ro-leak or an javac TEK-Mate- heated diode portable leak detector. Have not had anything really to do with theses electronic leak detectors. Does anyone have any recommendations on which one to go for?

licencetochill
05-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Hey Gally,

Mate iv got a DTEK Select, Its made by Inficon (Javac outside the USA) I bought it online as theyre twice the price here in NZ.
Its amazing, picks up leaks that you can barely see with bubbles, and no false alarms etc. Its the next one up from the TEK MATE but iv used the tek mate before as well and they are also very good.
Havn't seen the Rothenberger or used it so cant comment on it.
But personally, id roll with the Javac mate.My dad has had his for about 7 years with no probs..

mikeref
05-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Got a Fieldpiece, model: SRL2K7. Best i've had so far. A little expensive but does the job.

padraic
05-03-2012, 10:59 PM
d-tek all the way.. had them all

Murre
20-03-2012, 08:57 PM
Fieldpiece, model: SRL2K7 is very good!

ot1
27-08-2012, 04:40 PM
Since there are many types of probe technologies available from the same manufacturer the choice is difficult, for a reliable detector.
Heated Pentode
Heatd Diode
Corona discharge
Cold cathode
Ion pump
Infrared

and some manufacturers just say SEMICONDUCTOR, which is pretty ambiguous.

I too am in the market for a new detector, my ion pump i'm not so crazy about is falses on everything it seems.

The SRL2(K7) is infrared which I am guessing is the newest technology.
The D-Tek Select is infrared absorbtion which I guess would be the same as the Fieldpiece technology.

And the infrared detectors wont pick up propane blends.