PDA

View Full Version : want to be an apprentice!! help

Ant3b
14-11-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi my name is Anthony and i am stuck in a dead end job at the moment as a assistant manager at my local bargain booze. Hence this is why I am posting on this forum, as it seems as if this is the Centre of the refrigeration talk etc. I would like to offer myself to any company within a 40 mile radius of Blackburn, England as an apprentice, i hold a full driving license. I am very academic and learn very fast. The refrigeration business intrests me as it is very hands on. Many Thanks hope to hear from someone soon.

Abe
14-11-2005, 05:59 PM
I wish you luck Anthony, prob a company near you may just be looking for someone right now.

But , I shall give you some help in your quest.

In the old days, companies got a whole lot of apprentices every year.........they stayed with the company for 5 years, and were then qualified tradesman.

These days, its a bit different.

A lot depends on you..............ie: make yourself saleable.

Enhance yourself so an employer can use you without him having to expend huge amounts of time training you, moulding you.

Get yourself into college and arm yourself with some qualifications in refrigeration theory

Show aptitude and technical flair.

This will get your foot in the door of a decent fridge business.

Remember there are a lot of undesirable companies out there as well.

From there its up to you.

ps: Just saying youre in a dead end job and want out, wont wash with many........

I have heard on this forum...........some companies ( no names........:D ) even expect you to have a degree in physics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D

Heyy, its a joke!!

Good Luck in your endeavours

chillin out
14-11-2005, 08:38 PM
Shame you dont live near Fridgetech as I hear they were looking for caddies.

HO HO HO

Chillin:D :D

Good luck anyway

Ant3b
15-11-2005, 12:25 PM
Cheers for the info lads i shall and will attend a night course on refrigeration i think at my local college many thanks