PDA

View Full Version : Service manual for Daikin RXD50JVEA

phelum
02-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Hi,
I'm looking for a service manual for a Daikin RXD50JVEA (outdoor unit). If anybody can provide a copy or a link it will be greatly appreciated.

The unit fails intermittently. The error code is L5 or H6. Sometimes it fails straight away and other times it will run for hours.

Is it likely that a compressor can partially sieze ?

Thanks,
Steven

Airconking
02-03-2012, 09:28 AM
L5. Inverter instantaneous over current dc.
Problem. Closed stop valve, defect of comp.

H6. Malfunction of position detection sensor.
Problem. Faulty contact of comp cable, defect of comp or outdoor pcb.

Do the required checks but sounds Like you need a new comp and maybe a board.
Keep us posted.

Cheers.

phelum
02-03-2012, 10:03 AM
L5. Inverter instantaneous over current dc.
Problem. Closed stop valve, defect of comp.

Both stop valves are open. I checked just to be sure. It could be a jammed compressor. I think the overload signal comes from the error output (FO) on the driver IC and this depends on the 23 milliohm shunt resistor. But shorting this resistor doesn't stop the error. The other thing that can cause the FO error is a drop in the control voltage. I can't detect any drop here but it could be very quick and too fast for me to detect.

H6. Malfunction of position detection sensor.
Problem. Faulty contact of comp cable, defect of comp or outdoor pcb.

Interesting. One thing I did today was to disconnect most power connectors (including the 6-pin connector to the compressor) and clean and oil the contacts. After this the unit has run for hours which is better than before.

I haven't found any problems with the control PCB yet but I don't have any schematics or a good knowledge of what it does so I could be missing an obvious problem. The power IC wasn't contacting the heatsink very well so maybe it is getting local hot spots and the IGBTs are failing.

Is the position sensor (H6 error) the silver round unit (two black wires) on the top of the compressor ?

When the problem start about a week ago the compressor would spin up and get to running speed (the revs were plateauing) and then it would die with error L5. The compressor start up took two or three seconds. Once I started fiddling with the control board the errors changed. At the moment the unit is working but I don't know what the problem is/was and that's why I'm chasing a service manual that might provide some clues.

Thanks,
Steven

Davehendyuk
02-03-2012, 08:46 PM
I don't know if there's one here, but you could try and search for it: http://www.daikinac.com/commercial/docsEngineering.asp?sec=docs&page=58

phelum
03-03-2012, 06:52 AM
I don't know if there's one here, but you could try and search for it

Thanks for the link. I did find a manual for a similar but later unit. Mine was made in 2001 so perhaps there isn't any downloadable manual.

Thanks,
Steven

phelum
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Hi,

The air-conditioner is working now (touch wood) and it seems that the problem was either bad connections at the reactor or the in-line connector to the compressor. I'm assuming that it was just power spikes that were affecting the electronics. Thanks for the tips and the links to the manuals.

Cheers,
Steven