PDA

View Full Version : Vector 1800mt remote evap probe

mattym
28-02-2012, 08:41 PM
hi all i was called to a vector 1800mt early this moring and the rear compartment was displayed at 9 c after fitting gauges etc i probed the rear compartment and found it was -6 and getting colder, when i went to change the probe it ran the length of the box and there was no visible deutch plug has any1 ever changed one before and if so what advice etc can you give me thanks

cadwaladr
28-02-2012, 10:29 PM
hi all i was called to a vector 1800mt early this moring and the rear compartment was displayed at 9 c after fitting gauges etc i probed the rear compartment and found it was -6 and getting colder, when i went to change the probe it ran the length of the box and there was no visible deutch plug has any1 ever changed one before and if so what advice etc can you give me thanksno never but if you replace the cable from host,that is if you get a probe and extend the wires ensure you solder them are you sure the probe/ cable are not joined[extended]?.

123smc
01-03-2012, 09:50 AM
The sensor is usually connected with a plug but you have to drop down the drain pan to access it. Sometimes the deutsh plug connector for the remote evap becomes corroded and gives a false reading of the
RA sensor. The plug is usually halfway up the front of the unit just below the air filter. Hope this helps