PDA

View Full Version : COČ emissions

icecube51
26-02-2012, 07:07 PM
hi all,

i have red here that in Australia there is a COČ emmission taks for heatpumps and central heating. how dos it works?

Ice

mikeref
26-02-2012, 11:58 PM
It's about the amount of electricity these systems use. As Australia contributes something like .00004% to global co2, i think it is just another government tax.

cadwaladr
27-02-2012, 01:10 AM
It's about the amount of electricity these systems use. As Australia contributes something like .00004% to global co2, i think it is just another government tax.yep stealth tax same old story different disguise the biggest polluters pay nowt,coz they are developing nations?.

mikeref
27-02-2012, 09:08 AM
yep stealth tax same old story different disguise the biggest polluters pay nowt,coz they are developing nations?. Electricity prices here have gone up 67% over 5 years (as quoted by a local solar company) however it won't stop there when the "Carbon tax" is introduced in a few months from now.
As most of this country's power is produced by burning coal, the privately owned power stations are going to be hit hard, and the effects will be felt by the end users. BTW, the coal is mined here, not imported.

icecube51
27-02-2012, 05:29 PM
i think, now the now how to calculate the CO2 emissions the are going to call out a price/Kg ore so, and then we are going to end up whit a yearly cost or taks or how they are going to call it.
at the end its always the working class thats paying the bills.

Ice

chilliwilly
28-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Yes the third party industries are definately expanding, its probably the most successful growth industry there is! You go out and work your bollocks off pay income tax and NI contributions then take your net wage home. Then you continue paying tax when you pay your neccesary houshold bills and then spend the remainder on your choice, then because you can afford to do that they tax you again! Then if you purchase an energy consuming appliance such as a heater, cooker, and water boiler which are neccesities and not luxuries. You become guilty by default of an heinous crime of pollution and the sentence is TAX!