PDA

View Full Version : Iphone Apps?

The Viking
26-02-2012, 01:13 PM
So the Viking is trying to get in to at least the 20th century and got an iPhone...

But, what is the best or must have apps?

Useful for work (A/C)?
Useful for pleasure?
Just for plain fun?

Any suggestions?
:cool:

al
26-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Bitzer app for refrigerants, dropbox for storage and angry birds for chiller maintenance:))

There is also a magnifer app handy for my failing eyesight.

al

monkey spanners
26-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Bitzer pt reference, google maps, ipity, tetra3d

Jon :)

WebRam
26-02-2012, 03:24 PM
tapatalk

its great for surfing the forum :)

chemi-cool
26-02-2012, 04:59 PM
Why iphone?
Please check the Samsung, Motorola, HTC line. ipfone is no better just more expensive.

stufus
26-02-2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?33920-I-phone-or-Android-App-PT-charts.&highlight=mobile+apps
C (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?33920-I-phone-or-Android-App-PT-charts.&highlight=mobile+apps)heers
Stu

spimps
26-02-2012, 05:27 PM
Circuit playground (works out resistor values,capacitor values, resistances) along with the Bitzer one,both excellent.

The Viking
27-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Thank you guys.

I even had my (now) 11 year old daughter show me how to put the apps in to folders now...

http://www.vikingphotography.co.uk/Engineer_on_the_phone.jpg

My favourite game so far is still WordFeud (=scrabble for the next generation).

If anybody got any other suggestions please don't be shy...

:cool:

mikeref
27-02-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm still in the dark ages where my mobile phone is just for phone calls.

Tesla
28-02-2012, 08:00 AM
These are the ones in my tools folder
Flashlight
Wasserwaage (level)
PT Reference (Bitzer)
Elec ToolKit
Light
Seismometer (Vibration Comparison)
KoolApp (Danfoss)
HVAC Toolkit
iTempco
Toolbocks
SoundMeter
Convert Units
Phonetics
Still looking for an app which will give me IE for Mac on my IPone4.

Claus
04-04-2012, 12:32 PM
Hi all, what would you like to see in an iPhone (or other smartphone) app? I work for Danfoss, and the Refrigerant Slider (p/t conversion) like our KoolApp is extremely popular, but we'd like to take apps to the next level.
So what would you really appreciate? Besides the IE app, I think we have to direct that one to a certain Mr. Gates... Let us know!

Tesla
04-04-2012, 03:45 PM
Hi Claus
There are a few posts about this and here is what I put on one of them

Please include a search function/link to find something not on the app.
A reference section including all the basics like pt charts and conversion of units.
A folder section where we could keep imported stuff like manuals and equipment data.
A directory where we could build up addresses, maps, websites etc for our local areas. So as we could get to a job order the parts and know when and where the courier will deliver the parts.
A folder where we could store ebooks.
A grunty calculator for just fridge stuff - water, heat transfer, refrigerant, air...
You could also make it work on a laptop for those of us who use one on the job - I use an IPone4 and Toughbook CF-31
A folder to store fault codes and info on the various controllers.
Possibly something that we could do all our paper work on which could be transmitted to the office like times, job numbers with details like notes and purchase orders all linked up.
A folder that we could download trend logs from temp data loggers and digital gauges. Maybe even open a web page to talk to BMS etc for basic info on the system.
Also basic reference data such that is available in the AIRAH Handbook.

Jeff Winsor
04-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Our work phones have just gone to windows 7.5 and there is not even pt charts available to the best of our knowledge and searching.

monkey spanners
04-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Hi Claus,

A tev and orifice kw/ton guide would be a good addition to the pt chart.

piewie
06-04-2012, 02:21 AM
Hello Gents, Hello Claus I have spent considerable time on the Coolpack program and think it would be great if you could include the cycle analysis similar to the one on their program. Something where a guy could punch in the pressures and temperatures that he has on site and then be shown a cycle analysis chart which he could save or maybe email to others.

kevin888
17-05-2012, 08:49 AM
why not you check on apple store.... there are many useful apps for everyone.

al
17-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Hitachi have released an iphone app for fault codes and fault finding, handy yoke. Thanks to Mr. Howlin for mentioning it!!

Alec

sunny24m
30-05-2012, 01:39 PM
I have been working in iphone application development (http://www.iphone-application-development.us/)for a long time and have created so many apps.

I would like to suggest you to go to the apple store and search out there. Millions of apps are uploaded here.

You can easily find one as per you interest.

install monkey
13-07-2012, 10:32 PM
acson have a handy app-pity i dont work on any of their units
samsung has an app for using ur i phone as a remote but ive only got daikins in my pad

spimps
30-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Panasonic do a tidy cooling & heating calculation app.

THE DUDE
31-07-2012, 12:33 AM
I like, GEA Toolbocks.

saintmichael36
31-07-2012, 06:21 AM

Here's what I use

cspeed
25-11-2012, 11:08 PM
Mitsi electric, daikin, toshiba, and hitachi have all got apps for fault code diagnosis

mcjo tech
18-12-2012, 02:43 AM
Our newest App.

HVAC Flat Rate by ExactCharge Industries

Residentiial Flat Rate pricing on your iPhone

Tesla
18-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Serious bummer
I lost my Iphone on Friday along with all my contacts from the past ten years - no back up. I have locked it out and stopped the account. I should have updated the software so it could be tracked.

Grizzly
18-12-2012, 09:23 AM
Wise words sadly based upon your misfortune, thanks for the timely reminder all the same!
Grizzly

hawks
18-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Tesla

When you sync to Itunes it automatically back's up ur iphone every time, this is not something you have to do manually as far as im aware.

Tesla
20-12-2012, 05:43 AM
Hi Hawks
I'm not sure if I turned the phone sync off as it interfered with new numbers. If you could advise on how to access it through ITunes it would be appreciated (with rep count up - sorry have to spread around first). I haven't sync.ed it for over two years. Also What would be the best smart phone to replace it with?

hawks
20-12-2012, 09:54 AM
Hi Tesla

It does not matter if the phone sync tab was off, because even if you are only syncing music, when you press the sync button, itunes will back up the entire phone just incase something happens to the phone when syncing music.

If you open itunes on ur computer click on the itunes tab, then click on prefrences, then click on devices it will show when exactly the last back up took place.

If there is a backup date in there, and you want all you’re messages, photos and contacts etc back that were in the phone at that date, you buy a new iphone and plug it into to itunes, straight away itunes recognises a new device and asks for a username and password, you must use youre old apple account username and password. DO NOT open up a new account.

Then you click the restore button in itunes and youre itunes will restore youre new phone to the same as the old phone was.

If you are now after something differant than a Iphone im not sure if you can get the data back as the itunes will have to restore to a android or windows device.

hawks
20-12-2012, 09:55 AM
The bosch pro toolbox app is good

Tesla
21-12-2012, 08:02 AM
Awesome hawks
I was looking at a samsung 3 but now I have seen there is a back up from just over a month ago (from ur instructions), I will get another Iphone. Just wondering if I can get the latest Iphone... as the OS version may be different. I do have a retro gen 1 iphone in a storage bin somewhere.
Another idea is to borrow another iphone 4 and get the sim of old number then restore, then transfer the numbers to CSV file? Of course restore the borrowed phone too.
Thanks Tesla

WebRam
21-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Tesla, once you have your new iPhone, switch on iCloud, its free and it backs up your iPhone automaticly. Then you can access it from your computer etc.

Tesla
21-12-2012, 08:13 PM
Thanks Boss

Magoo
22-12-2012, 04:51 AM
I have a bob basic mobile phone and guess what, I use it to make and receive phone calls.

Hope you all have a Happy Christmas.

Tesla
27-12-2012, 09:42 AM
Just an update from loosing phone - After hawks direction, I downloaded iphone Backup Extractor (yes from my wife's advise too) for $25 and got all my contacts and everything else. So now I am steering towards buying a Samsung S3 and just looking at a Nokia windows (not quite there).

vaporcraft
08-01-2013, 09:58 PM
big list of apps: http://www.achrnews.com/ext/resources/2012/11-19-12/table.pdf
I use the Danfoss PT chart frequently. Grainger is also nice to have and works very well.

spimps
13-01-2013, 06:09 AM
Using pothole snitch in the UK,mostly local now so hole in the road (of which there are plenty) app gets the position on gps and reports it to local highways dept,seems to work as the ones I've reported have been filled in within two weeks.

chillerman2006
14-01-2013, 10:09 PM
Just an update from loosing phone - After hawks direction, I downloaded iphone Backup Extractor (yes from my wife's advise too) for $25 and got all my contacts and everything else. So now I am steering towards buying a Samsung S3 and just looking at a Nokia windows (not quite there).

Hi Tesla

I bought S3 & got free iphone 5

ran them both for over a month then ditched the iphone to the desk draw for good

S3 can plug into any pc & instantly backup everything without downloading apple cr*p

handy to make folders on phone too and keep all your docs on as screen is easy large enough to view them

can hold any music/videos on it and they all play regardless of digital rights management

plus all the apps available for iphone are on android

deffo recommend the S3 mate

download ''lookout'' for free antivirus and find my phone

R's chillerman

Tesla
14-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Thanks Chilerman
I was (after considerable surfing) also looking at the Samsung Note 2 which have been released with dual sim in China. But in the mean time I got out the old gen 1 just to have a phone. I will have to save some pennies up and get a Samsung. Just wondering if there are many android apps to talk to controllers in the field.
So out with the old and in with the new - We should start a new thread for help with android phones.

mcjo tech
19-01-2013, 02:07 AM
New iPhone Free lite version of HVAC Flat Rate Pricing App by ExactCharge.

Easy to use simple Flat Rate Pricing App and fully customizable to your specifications

chillerman2006
19-01-2013, 02:42 PM
Thanks Chilerman
I was (after considerable surfing) also looking at the Samsung Note 2 which have been released with dual sim in China. But in the mean time I got out the old gen 1 just to have a phone. I will have to save some pennies up and get a Samsung. Just wondering if there are many android apps to talk to controllers in the field.
So out with the old and in with the new - We should start a new thread for help with android phones.

Hi Tesla

just ordered a Note II meself as needed to change network providers

apart from bigger screen than SIII 4.8 to Note 5.5 the larger battery sold it

with an extra 1000mah :cool:

R's chillerman

MarcoTurner
29-05-2013, 02:54 PM
These are the ones in my tools folder
Flashlight
Wasserwaage (level)
PT Reference (Bitzer)
Elec ToolKit
Light
Seismometer (Vibration Comparison)
KoolApp (Danfoss)
HVAC Toolkit
iTempco
Toolbocks
SoundMeter
Convert Units
Phonetics
Still looking for an app which will give me IE for Mac on my IPone4.

hello friend just got new iPhone 5. I need app for flashlight. Can you tell the source from where I could get it? Waiting for reply...

Tesla
29-05-2013, 11:08 PM
Hi Macro and welcome to the forum.
You can get from Itunes but i think I got my one from Cydia and my phone was jailbroken. But fortunately I lost it last year and now have the great pleasure of owning a Samsung not 2.

MarcoTurner
30-05-2013, 11:45 AM
hello friend just got new iPhone 5. I need app for flashlight (http://www.robustbuy.com/led-lighting-gadgets-led-flashlights-c-505_1027_730.html). Can you tell the source from where I could get it? Waiting for reply...

Thanks for replying. Will get them now

install monkey
30-05-2013, 09:13 PM
free flashlight- by i handy

Copperteck
22-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Some good ideas on here guys thanks.