PDA

View Full Version : Aeg side by side compressor won't turn on??

Aceappliances
24-02-2012, 11:24 PM
Hi to everyone
cause a newbie and this is my first post
have a aeg side by side fridge freezer s756281 kg3
all of a sudden it compressor stoped working so the cooling fan
checked the power panel on the side of compressor,(this unit controls the IEEE suply to compressor ) found a faulty capacitor changed it but still the same
fan in both fridge and freezer work and also can change the temprature on the front top control panel!!!!!!
Any sugestions??? Need help pls!!!!!

Magoo
25-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Possible dead compressor if capacitor has previously failed.
Use ohm meter to check windings, [ with power supply off of course ] probable failed overload klixon.

Aceappliances
25-02-2012, 01:39 AM
Have checked the compressor
conected it directly it works fine
another thing is the cooling fan by the compressor doesn't turn on itself but if u rotate it with ur finger it comes on?????

The Watch
25-02-2012, 03:59 PM
Definitely the capacitor on the fan. Change the cap and you're home free. http://nycrefrigerationlicense.webstarts.com

The Watch
25-02-2012, 04:00 PM
You're going out on high head pressure because the fan is not cooling the condenser. Then compressor is fine it's protecting itself.

Aceappliances
25-02-2012, 10:23 PM
Hi thanks for reply
but there is no capacitor on fan
the one I have changed is on the IEEE panel
and also I have rotate the fan by hand and it was running fine but yet it didn't kick the compressor???any idea????

Magoo
25-02-2012, 10:50 PM
The fan would then be a shaded pole motor with a crook winding, new fan motor required. Compressor is possibly out on its own protection.

Aceappliances
27-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Changed the motor as well still the same????
Any idea??????

mikeref
28-02-2012, 02:43 AM
Power supply to compressor and condenser fan. If qualified to do so, measure the voltage going to compressor when you reconnect to the fridge electrics. Thinking the Printed circuit board relay has burnt contacts.