PDA

View Full Version : Arabic Culture

botrous
12-11-2005, 10:23 PM
Seems that the arabic culture have her own fans here . .
I say that we elect Abe , president of the Arabic Culture Club of the forum for the wonderful avatars . . . . . (i really like it :) )

Abe is it the arabic culture or the sahara life ????

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Abe
17-11-2005, 10:24 PM
I am honoured Boutros..........

but I think Im a wanabe, I elect you as our Middle Eastern President and Ill gladly follow in your footstep.

Theres a lot of misconception about the East, particularly from our Western techies, who havent the inclination or aptitude to gain an insight.

Remember, someone made a comment about Lebanon, saying, ohh , I thought they cut your nuts offs if you do one thing or another.

The Mid East is a huge place with varying cultures, religions, rich in history , and has given to the world an enormous amount of learning, from science, astronomy, mathematics, architecture, medicine, and more.

Saying that, quite a lot of members here have spent periods there working, so some are more enlightened.

Perhaps now they are better informed, and who better to put the proper perspectives in place then a living , working specimen like yourself!!!

:)

botrous
17-11-2005, 10:44 PM
but I think Im a wanabe

Please explain . . i didn't understand.

Abe I am the one honoued . . .

I am very proud to transmit my culture to other cultures and to be in contact with other cultures . . . the Middle eastern culture as you said is rich and gived a lot to the world bu unfortunably a lot of people still don't have the knowldge about this culture or have for a reason or another a disturbed knowldge about it .

Remember, someone made a comment about Lebanon, saying, ohh , I thought they cut your nuts offs if you do one thing or another.

I know and understand that most of western citizens have their look to our country and this look is totally false . . . the Lebanese law compared to any european or other western law is the same . . . Lebanon is a republic . . . the constition gives the rights . . .the people rules the country . . . the power behind the goverment arethe people . . and let me remember that the first and oldest school of law was in Beirut (the roman school of law) and the laws made by that school were the base for the laws in modern countries .

I elect you as our Middle Eastern President and Ill gladly follow in your footstep.

:)

Perhaps now they are better informed, and who better to put the proper perspectives in place then a living , working specimen like yourself!!!

That's an honour for me

Thanks and regards

botrous
17-11-2005, 11:47 PM
Ok , now I underastand what wanabe means , your family history is exciting basculating from one culture to anothor and gaining from each one .

Only wish I had a couple of oil wells as well!!!

We all wish that . . . fortunably the scientists says that Lebanon is loaded with underground petrol , now many company are assigned to search for it and the news are kind of secret now but i think that political decision is not to dig for oil in the near futur. . .

And for those that are totally lost.........have you tried downloading Google Earth??

It is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!

Try it.............you can see your house even and the street where you live.

I didn't download it yet . . . i opened the page now and i'm starting the download process . . .
thanks for pointing me to this software and for sharing your family history . . .

regards