PDA

View Full Version : Daikin power board

mylessheehy
22-02-2012, 05:55 PM
Unit: Daikin
Model No: REYP8KJY1
PCB ID: A1P
Number on board: EB0050 (Also EB0160(k) )

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum. I'm having trouble with the above power board not working. I've gone
through most of the components and can't seem to find a fault. Does anyone know of any common faults on this board? Its seems to be fairly new as the relays have a manuf. date of 2011.

Also , I can't seem to find any info online about the board, or even a schematic.

Thanks for the help!

Myles

mylessheehy
22-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Ok - Just got some more info:

The unit had a faulty fan which short circuited and blew the 2No 10A fuses on the board. They replaced the fan and the two fuses and everything went smoothly until they went to run the unit. It powers up fine in so far as the display says all is OK but when they go to run it a U1 fault is displayed which I believes denotes a phase cross over.

The Viking
22-02-2012, 07:02 PM
http://vikingphotography.co.uk/U1.jpg

But if this was manufactured in 2011, why not just get a new board under warranty???

:cool:

Airconking
22-02-2012, 09:24 PM
If memory is correct, Daikin recommend replacing the board when a fan motor fails.

mylessheehy
23-02-2012, 08:25 AM
http://vikingphotography.co.uk/U1.jpg

But if this was manufactured in 2011, why not just get a new board under warranty???

:cool:

I'll be sure to ask the question today. There are two relays with sept. 2011 on them, meaning it would have been sold a few months after this so its not old at all. Any idea what component fails on the board after the fan goes?

mylessheehy
23-02-2012, 08:27 AM
If memory is correct, Daikin recommend replacing the board when a fan motor fails.

I'm sure they do recommend that as the board costs about €1000 to replace! I'm just trying to locate the dodgy component thats causing the fault. Do you think the new fan they installed might be wired different to the last, hence why they are getting this phase cross over fault?

Thanks for the replys lads!

mylessheehy
23-02-2012, 10:23 AM
Just a thought. Could the U1 error come up if the 3 phases of the new fan were wired in wrong? Or does that error only for the input side?

The Viking
23-02-2012, 11:08 PM
Nah, the U1 indicates a problem with the incoming.

Incorrectly wired fans will throw up other errors. But I suspect you are looking at Malfunction (3), faulty PCB.
I would check the mains "lines" and the fuses on the board to start with, It looks like if the old fan motor blew some power supply bits when it went...