PDA

View Full Version : Hermetic reciprocating versus hermetic scroll

Cofreth
12-11-2005, 04:06 PM
Hi,
I have one unit 100,000 Btu ducted split air-conditioners,running for 24 hours 365 days a year. Average operating high pressure 330psi and low 65psi. This air-con unit originally uses a Copeland QR12M1-TFD-501 reciprocating compressor. Thought of modifying it into a Copeland scroll compressor with a similar capacity if this present reciprocating compressor failed. The cost for the Copeland scroll compressor here is cheaper than the Copeland reciprocating compressor and the scroll compressor is lighter than a reciprocating compressor,thus making replacement work much more easier.
Anyone got any idea on which compressor to select in comparing between this two model has a higher life span and reliability?

Thank you.

Peter_1
12-11-2005, 08:54 PM
I should go for the scroll.

What gas is the unit running on?

Less vibration, seems to have a better COP, ....

The weight will be not the problem because you will have to adjust the copper lines to it.
Do you have enough height available because the scrolls are taller I think?

rbartlett
12-11-2005, 09:12 PM
bersaga here is your man for this for several reasons..

find him here and contact him for the inside info

cheers

richard

botrous
12-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Nice new avatr Peter . . . miyaaawwww :)

botrous
12-11-2005, 10:53 PM
Hi Cofreth see this link , I donno if it's very useful but have a look at it
http://www.copeland-corp.com/cp_ac/ac_save_energy.htm

Cofreth
13-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Thanks Botrous & the reply,
So I assume the majority preferred the scroll compressor?

Thank you very much.

Peter_1
13-11-2005, 03:10 PM
Seems that a cat is making the same noise in Lebanon:p :D
It's one of the cats we had the last years and sudden disappeared. She's felt asleep together with my wife some minutes later.
I just changed it temporarily because I'm expecting some Belgium readers because i wrote this month an article about this forum in the only Belgium HVAC/R magazine Cool&Comfort.

botrous
13-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Thanks Botrous & the reply,
So I assume the majority preferred the scroll compressor?

Thank you very much.

You are most welcome . . . and for the majority . . . count the votes :) or mmmm create a poll :D

Seems that a cat is making the same noise in Lebanon

:):):)

I just changed it temporarily because I'm expecting some Belgium readers because i wrote this month an article about this forum in the only Belgium HVAC/R magazine Cool&Comfort.

At least you do have one . . . are you going to post the article here for us to read or it's in Belguim languange :) ?

It's one of the cats we had the last years

Do you have more than one ?

Myself I never had a cat in the house but there are 2 cats that stays near the house , i always give them to eat so whenever i look near the house i find them . . .:D :D :D

Regards

Sabroeclaus
13-11-2005, 09:58 PM
Hi botrous.Do you by any chance know my old college from Dubai his name is Ilias Kalaf and he work for york,
He is suppose to work in your place

Best Regards
Claus

botrous
13-11-2005, 10:01 PM
Hi botrous.Do you by any chance know my old college from Dubai his name is Ilias Kalaf and he work for york,
He is suppose to work in your place

Best Regards
Claus

Sorry Claus I donno him but if you need the york contact number in Lebanon I can provide it for you :)

Sabroeclaus
13-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Ok botrous. just wonder wath happend to him.We where split after York took over Sabroe,, I will find him

Best Regards
Claus

Peter_1
14-11-2005, 07:32 AM
Peter,
This is one of the articles I wrote in that magazine.
Lucky for you it's also published in French.

http://www.coolandcomfort.be/cc/fr/be/art/291/

I published some pictures on RE about this article I wrote http://www.coolandcomfort.be/cc/fr/be/art/290/

Not all the articles are published on their site.

Perhaps you can write an email to FCO media, direct to the director Filip Cossement and ask if he can send you a copy of the magazine each trimester to the address in your school. I should also say that the language in the school is French like it is.
I looked once to the posting price and it should be something of 4,5 to 5 €. I doubt if they will to do it but you can always try.

botrous
14-11-2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks Peter . . . I saved the pages for further refernece because i'm very busy , my father is going to have an open heart surgery this week so you know . . . .
When I have time (when he gets well) I'll try to contact the magazine to see what happens . . .

and yes lucky me , the articles are in french :D

Thanks and regards

botrous
14-11-2005, 09:45 PM
Ok botrous. just wonder wath happend to him.We where split after York took over Sabroe,, I will find him

If you need york number here tell me

regards

Peter_1
14-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Thanks Peter . . . I saved the pages for further refernece because i'm very busy , my father is going to have an open heart surgery this week so you know . . . .
When I have time (when he gets well) I'll try to contact the magazine to see what happens . . .

and yes lucky me , the articles are in french :D

Thanks and regards
Crossing the fingers for your dad Peter.
I'm seeing the manager Thursday of C&C on a small fair near Brussels - more a dinenr then a fair - and I will ask it myself. Let you know something.

botrous
15-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Crossing the fingers for your dad Peter

Thanks

I'm seeing the manager Thursday of C&C on a small fair near Brussels - more a dinenr then a fair - and I will ask it myself. Let you know something.

Thanks

Regards :)

Rfcont
16-11-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi Cofreth!
Generally I like scroll.
But in this particulal case I think its necessary to install resiprocating, IF present compressor failed.

Similar is treated similar;)

Botrous!
Good luck for your dad!

Cofreth
17-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Isn't it a scroll compressor has less moving parts than a reciprocating?
May I conclude a scroll has a longer life than a reciprocating if both are being compare in similiar operating conditioned.

botrous
17-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Crossing the fingers for your dad Peter

Botrous!
Good luck for your dad!

thanks guys . . . . :D :D :D :D the surgery is done , all went ok and my father is recovering :D :D :D :D

thanks God

frank
17-11-2005, 09:54 PM
Wishing your dad a speedy recovery Botrous :)

Abe
17-11-2005, 09:56 PM
My prayers and good wishes for your father Boutros

botrous
17-11-2005, 10:04 PM
My prayers and good wishes for your father Boutros

Greatful thanks Abe

botrous
17-11-2005, 10:05 PM
Wishing your dad a speedy recovery Botrous

Greatful thanks frank . . .

frank
18-11-2005, 01:10 PM
My wife's mother had heart bypass surgery about 3 years ago and she is doing just fine now although she still has to stick to a strict diet :)
It's a slow recovery process but gives a new lease of life to those needing the surgery.

botrous
18-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Yes frank , the open heart surgery gives a new chance of life . . . hope that the benefictants of this will appreciate that chance and stick to the diet :) hope that my father will stick to it

regards

star882
19-11-2005, 06:14 AM
Heh, it's interesting to note that both hearts and reciprocating compressors work by volume displacement. That is, a chamber is made to change in size, and valves divide this repeating pressure change into two parts so it can do useful work.

botrous
19-11-2005, 07:29 PM
Heh, it's interesting to note that both hearts and reciprocating compressors work by volume displacement. That is, a chamber is made to change in size, and valves divide this repeating pressure change into two parts so it can do useful work.

Nice comparison .. . that's why the compressor is called the heart of the system . . . but if it fails you can buy another one , wish that human body parts can be the same and have spare parts ....