PDA

View Full Version : Turbocor Compressor Problems

brownmichael
21-02-2012, 08:59 PM
I am trying to trouble shoot a danfoss turbocor compressor. I was lucky to be able to connect my laptop to the compressor.
The initial problem is that the compressors does not get away. After following the instructions in their manual. I was able to do a bearing calibration and they seemed to be ok. I was able to levitate the shaft and spin it at an RPM of around 2,500. As soon as i took the RPM up manually (higher than 2,500RPM) The compressor went into fault.

Whenever i get to the end of the book it tells me to contact turbocor in America. Has anyone else experienced this fault? Or can anyone else supply me a contact to talk to turbocor about the compressor. There website never has any contacts.

By the way the compressor is on a flooded system and i have also identified that it is not full of liquid.

ptsac
21-02-2012, 09:11 PM
what fault is the compressor showing on the fault log?

r.bartlett
21-02-2012, 09:19 PM
http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?13931-Turbocor-compressors-and-chillers&highlight=jackson

NoNickName
22-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Very little info here. I would be happy to help you but from your description it can be anything.

brownmichael
22-02-2012, 04:52 PM
After looking through the alarm log it shows numerous bearing faults. I am able to do a bearing calibration on the computer and nothing is highlighted as being a problem. I was able to levitate the shaft and spin the the shaft to a speed of 2500 RPM. As soon as i took the shaft speed high manually it went into alarm.