PDA

View Full Version : capillary tube blocking mechanism

hamzasyyed
20-02-2012, 07:59 AM
hi everyone
So i am designing a leak detection system for a roll bonded evaporator(will work on the principle of pressure decay), the problem i am having is that the evaporator needs to be sealed, for that i require to block the cappilary tube, now the current blocking method we are using is by using a tool, but it isnt very effective, as bubbles are emerging from the so called "blocked" capillary. the OD diameter of the capillary is 1.86mm.
Now what i am looking for is a temporary effective blocking mechanism, brazing or soldering is out of the question, as i dont want to increase any operations. so my question being ... are there any type of push to fits, or some other couplings available for blocking this sort of diameter.i am not sure but i couldnt find any push to fits available in the market for such small diameters, or will i have to get some kind of coupling custom made???
i am really new to the refrigeration industry as i am still a student, this is a project given to me by a local refrigeration company. any help will be apprreciated.