PDA

View Full Version : r22/r404a tev

cadwaladr
20-02-2012, 12:42 AM
over here you cannot get well not easily r22 valves,now the guys i use to supply me say for an r22 valve use a 404a valve so if so will a r22 valve work on 404a i just need to hear comments?its expansion valves i am referring to thanks.

Magoo
20-02-2012, 01:04 AM
It think the guys at wholesaler are good salesman, if they gaurantee operation well OK. I think the TX will operate irratically, due to power element charge. There was a post on the forum about recharging power elements with different refrigerants, cannot recall the outcome.

charlie patt
20-02-2012, 09:04 PM
ive used a 407c valve on 22 systems or i have used one of those multi use tevs out of rsl for 22 units

chemi-cool
21-02-2012, 02:01 PM
All TXV's from the same manufacturer and same series have exactly the same body, orifice has nothing to do with type of refrigerant. The difference is the charge which open the open and closes the needle when it senses the evaporator outlet.
I have stopped looking at the refrigerant type on the TXV, only the temperature range.
just yesterday I have installed R-134 TXV on a R-422D system, runs perfect.
To my opinion and experience, it doesn't matter and I will use whatever is on the shelf.

I suggest you give it try and see for yourself, saves a lot of headache.