PDA

View Full Version : Mitsi Help Line

frank
16-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Hi Guys

Found out today that Misti have an SMS messaging help line number 07971 115588 which is great but the recorded bird on the phone, while I was waiting for proper tech help, said that you had to send your fault code in the correct manner.

Anyone know how to word the fault code in the text message?

I tried several ways but didn't receive any messages back. :confused:

Thanks in advance

monkey spanners
16-02-2012, 08:35 PM
I've sent them daikin fault codes and not got an answer either.....

Its all too complicated!

stufus
16-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Try banging in 6969 as the partner PIN number and jump the queue.
Don't use the text service.
Are you after a particular manual??
Cheers
Stu

frank
17-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Thanks Stu...but no.
I got called out to a problem in Lincoln yesterday and when I arrived at site I discovered that I had left my fault code list back in the office, for some unknown reason.

As a last resort, I phoned Mitsi tech help and while on hold waiting to speak with a tech, the recorded voice mentioned that they had an automated help line, provided that you sent the fault code in a manner that the computer could understand it... this is where it all went wrong.

After speaking with the human, I got the problem sorted, but thought that it would be good to know how to send future fault codes, hence my post

stufus
17-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Did the human on the phone enlighten you as to how to send the code ? if so please share..as iv'e not got a clue as I said I've never used it.
Cheers
Stu

frank
17-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Fraid not...hopefully someone like THERMATECH might be along soon to enlighten us

stufus
17-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I doubt Thermatech has ever had to use it.;)
Cheers
Stu

install monkey
17-02-2012, 10:48 PM
i just ring kooltech-as if the text reply is like daikin's then you could be swapping a board,compressor when its a faulty lead- i tried the mitsi fault code text service- u have to start with the gas or system type then the code-i never got it working

stufus
17-02-2012, 10:52 PM
Thanks for that very helpful.haha
Cheers
Stu

i just ring kooltech-as if the text reply is like daikin's then you could be swapping a board,compressor when its a faulty lead- i tried the mitsi fault code text service- u have to start with the gas or system type then the code-i never got it working

hyperion
17-02-2012, 10:52 PM
I have tried it with no success. End up hanging on for Tech support.

Thermatech
22-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I have always found the only way to trouble shoot VRV / VRF AC systems is to have the relavent service manuals to hand. Otherwise you can be spitting in the wind.
Its also a handy place to write notes about things you find out the hard way so you dont forget for next time.
The trouble is manufacturers dont want to give out expensive printed manuals any more & expect everyone to down load from the web site.
I have hundreds of service manual PDF's on my laptop so that I always have manuals with me on site but the most important ones I print off. That means I have a big box of manuals for each manufacturers equipment.
Most young people are joined at the hip to the internet with 3G phones so they can access manufacturers web site any time & look at any service manual.
Just not as user freindley as a good printed service manual in your hand.

install monkey
23-02-2012, 08:14 PM
mitsi website has an error code section where u type the code in then select the system for the diagnosis
http://www.mitsubishi-aircon.co.uk/ click on tools and resources then scroll down the list as it isnt in view - saves texting- the reply is instant too

Steven_AC
25-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Theres a Iphone app aswell now with the 4 digit fault codes

The Viking
25-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Theres a Iphone app aswell now with the 4 digit fault codes

Now that would be interesting...
Any links?
(I can't find it om Mitsu's UK website so any pointers would be welcome)

install monkey
25-02-2012, 10:03 PM
on i phone open apps search for ME service by blender concept and creatie

The Viking
25-02-2012, 10:58 PM
Cheers IM, found it now...

Any other useful apps out there?

Steven_AC
26-02-2012, 04:45 PM
Daikin have one also and panasonic have a ac sizing app

r0ss
03-03-2012, 05:43 PM
Any fault code i need i usually lob it into google on my iphone and it brings me to a relevant thread that has been previously posted on this forum :)

Reffnut
10-03-2012, 09:30 AM
As for franks previous mention about the SMS text service mitsis does not work at all even when you send the code it the right format, if you send it wrong it will text you bk telling you to correct it but when you send it correct it doesn't reply at all. I have pointed this out a few times to Mitsubishi on a few courses as they print in the back of there training courses