PDA

View Full Version : Strange General fault code

airefresco
16-02-2012, 02:20 PM
I had a call today to do a maintenance on 4 x General split systems. 2 of them work fine, but the other two go in to fault as soon as you turn them on. The operation light (Red) is constantly on and the timer light (Green), constantly flashes. It definitely is not flashing 20 times or anything, its a constant flash. The other two lights are off. It seems to be running the fan in a super slow speed as well.

I´ve checked every fujitsu/General fault code list I can find and none of them mention this sequence. Anybody know what the fault is?

Model number is ASH12LSBCW.

Thanks
paul

Tayters
16-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Hi Paul,

If it's the same as the English models then next you have to press the test button to narrow down the fault.

Primary fault (OP- on, TIMER - flashing) Comms error. Detailed fault will give flashing operation list then timer flash 2 - 5 times. Means different subtle things but all related to comms error.

Normal stuff. Power to outdoor unit (fed from indoor) power to outdoor PCB (fuse outdoor by board) no comms through isolators or pump level switches. Comms voltage presant, etc

Cheers,
Andy.

airefresco
16-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Thanks for that.

There is no isolator or pumps so likely to be either the OD board or a fuse or something. I´ll report back my findings.

Thanks again.