PDA

View Full Version : Starcool

Carlo Hansen
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Hi.

Danfoss and Bitzer should have made a nev Compressor there should be 30% sheaper to build. That i can understand since the compressor is made in China.
But they have also reduced the weight and energi consuption with 30 %.
Does anybody have some information about this StarCool unit.

Best regards
Carlo Hansen

Brian_UK
10-11-2005, 11:33 PM
My first info on this unit is a news release as here:-
http://www.danfoss.com/Assorted/FifthElementStories/Maersk+use+Danfoss+for+Superior+Cargo+Cooling.htm?PrintPage=false

Still looking...

mmunhoz
24-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Starcool is a company from AP Moeller group (Maersk Line) and the quality of the equipment is really impressive. In range the equipment draw is about 2.2 amps!. The compressor is an aluminum body and there is a frequence variator which is the big change comparing to competitors. So it ´modulates´ the compressor rotation to the required refrigerant flow - amazing. Electronic is also very simple and display is very freindly user.

jackyylz
09-12-2009, 02:56 PM
i don't think so, starcool maybe the energy saving product, carrier primeline maybe 20% energy saving than starcool.

Marine Reefer
24-02-2010, 04:50 PM
Recent tests on banana shipments ex-Costa Rica showed Primeline about 35% more energy use than StarCool.
A variable speed 2-stage economized recip is much better in part load than a digital scroll, (although Carrier will try to say otherwise!)

reefercr
19-09-2010, 06:50 PM
Y es it si trye SC CIM 5CIM 6 are the most economic power saving units in market even carrier 69NT40 561 units are far away from energy comsuption

Marine Reefer
18-01-2011, 04:43 PM
The website is starcool followed by a dot dk which has all the info on Star Cool reefer units. Even have a new controlled atmosphere option that is taking bananas away from breakbulk reefer vessels and moving in containers.

Will
21-01-2011, 08:55 AM
Got a chance to play with them a little here in Tacoma, WA. Back when they actually used the port they own. APM terminals.

I also saw recently the WUT port here also has a few in their yard.

The variable freq compressor were neat to play with.

Really strange to 'hear' a compressor at 'idle'.

Some quirky things like having to replace the whole door for a bum memory batt. WTH ?

I've got the PDF manual but feel like such a whore if I just dump it right here. Sopmme, Capeesh?

Will
21-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Also looks like they have a new controlled atmosphere model.

And they now have manuals available on their website.

http://www.starcool.dk/downloads.aspx