PDA

View Full Version : york chiller

byrne
16-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi all.Have low suction temperature alarm on york yciv 1500,Replaced faulty suction temperature sensor on system.Superheat is at 20c and drain valve 100% open with compresser at 60% when system alarms.Gas charge is ok.Any ideas.

AlexG
16-02-2012, 04:39 PM
Superheat 20K is too high. Check TXV.

al
16-02-2012, 06:19 PM
TXV might be faulty, i've changed one under warranty, is it 410a?

al

yorkman_gr
17-02-2012, 05:55 AM
The ICIV chillers they using R 134a and not R 410a, your chiller charge is 105kg per system, just make sure you got that, the drain valve is controlled only from the suction temperature sensor, the units usually working with a superheat between 6-5 in normal conditions, so if your superheat remain that high probably something is wrong with your sensor, 20K is to high for this chillers, also you can check both the drain and feed valve manually, by going to the SERVICE MODE punch the code and then go to DIGITAL OUTPUTS and manually open and close the valves is any percentage you want , so you can check if the valves responding, maybe your drain valve is not responding well to the danfoss controller, and it will be more helpful if you give us some pressure readings, just keep in mind that this chillers when starting up they need something 20-30 mins running to establish good readings and you can take accurate measurements, but i really don't understand how you get low suction temperature and your sensor is showing +20k superheat,because this sensor is doing double work, registration and safety, and keeping the drain valve at 100% open under the 20K superheat is normal because i believe your superheat set point is at 5k.Right now i cant say more just if you have some time post some pressure and temperatures readings

byrne
20-02-2012, 04:00 PM
Hi yorkman sorry for taking so long to get back to u.Have since resolved prob,found that flash tank level was at 7%,this was causing low suction pressure at start up.closed drain valve and increased flash tank level to 35% as of other systems.system now running ok.

yorkman_gr
20-02-2012, 09:28 PM
hi byrne i am glad you could solve your trouble, thats why i said on my post make sure you got 105kg R134a in your system, i was not absolute sure that you are running on low charge, because i have faced also this kind of troubles and was both sensor and charge, just a few tips. Make sure your chiller can transfer the vibration on the VMS, the VMS is a very critical item , and if they don't move freely it will cause you lots of troubles with leaks and especially in the chillers with the 3 systems, also once in a while make sure that the cap from the glycol tank is tight fit, once get loose you will have also trouble with your glycol, it will run over your cap or you will suck air inside on the start up, for the rest once the chiller is well installed they are very good chillers and they electronics of course one of the best in the world, YORK keep it always cool, and finally any time you got trouble please fell free to contact me

ballesteros
18-04-2012, 06:00 PM
hello yorkman and byrne. Iam also experiencing the same problem with a yorh YCIV1000. system no. 1 shutsdown on low suction pressure, I've already checked the the suction transducer and suction gas thermistor and they were good. I've observed when the machine is running, the liquid line going to the feed valve is abnormally hot, the drain valve is 100% open and SSH is very high at 20 degF, hissing sound could be heard at the drain valve area....Iam suspecting a defect in the feed valve, I also observed that the level at the flash tank the level is not rising significantlly, even when the feed valve gradully signals an increment in the opening at the display

I hope you can give some advice...thanks

mark957
18-04-2012, 06:33 PM
hello byrne
Check if the pressure transducer is correct,
it is fair to replace the thermostatic expansion valve.
hello ....

Pilot1983
22-05-2012, 05:33 PM
Hi;

We have a problem with York chiller Model:LCHHM 230 WL 50 E capacity control:8STEP

When we turn it on,This message"Reprogram type of refrigerant to run" is shown .
Few chiller technicians had checked it and they said that the PCB program has expired.
We have sent the complete PCB to York office in Dubai for reprogramming but they said it will be reprogram only by putting it inside the chiller.
May i ask you to let me know it is a hardware problem or software problem?
If it is a software problem , will it be solved by reprogramming EPROM with a new version of software?

Concern that we have a good knowledge of computer programming and hardware and we don't have any experience in maintenance chillers , could you help us in solving this problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you in advance

hasib khan
22-05-2012, 07:37 PM
the suction temperature sensor which you have replaced earlier check that temperature vs resistance is suitable for yciv chiller.

Pilot1983
23-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Is there anyone to help?
I need your guide immediately ?

Hi;

We have a problem with York chiller Model:LCHHM 230 WL 50 E capacity control:8STEP

When we turn it on,This message"Reprogram type of refrigerant to run" is shown .
Few chiller technicians had checked it and they said that the PCB program has expired.
We have sent the complete PCB to York office in Dubai for reprogramming but they said it will be reprogram only by putting it inside the chiller.
May i ask you to let me know it is a hardware problem or software problem?
If it is a software problem , will it be solved by reprogramming EPROM with a new version of software?

Concern that we have a good knowledge of computer programming and hardware and we don't have any experience in maintenance chillers , could you help us in solving this problem.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you in advance

al
23-05-2012, 07:53 PM
Pilot

It might be better to start a new thread, but in the meantime....

What refrigerant do you require to be programmed? This is done by entering a password and setting the appropriate refrigerant.

If York have attempted this and the system will not reset then it is most likely your EEPROM, the battery on the real time clock only lasts for a certain time, ask York to send you an updated EEPROM. If you wish i can collect an EEPROM from York and bring it to you:))

al

Pilot1983
24-05-2012, 11:23 AM
Al
Thanks for your reply.
I have created a new thread (http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/showthread.php?35678-quot-Reprogram-type-of-refrigerant-to-run-quot-message-on-YORK-chiller&p=258950#post258950): it would be my pleasure if you follow the new thread.
If you don't mind please send me your contact information.
Best regards

yacoub
02-06-2012, 03:53 PM
What main for TXV?

Pilot1983
02-06-2012, 05:06 PM
TXV?What is that?

What main for TXV?

goshen
02-06-2012, 07:09 PM
HI
welcome aboard .